Ford Mustang Forum banner

2009 V6 True Dual Exhaust Conversion

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  05mystang 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I'm just throwing this out there and trying to figure out what I shoud go with when I decide to convert my 2009 to dual exhaust. I want to acquire a "tougher/meaner" sound with the upgrade. Does anybody have a good suggestion or sound clip from what they've done? Any ideas on what I should go with? Should I go with a specific kit? Thanks for the hlep!

#4 ·
I just put on the (NTO) Newtakeoff.com True Dual Kit for $319. You get the X Pipe, Mid Pipes, all the Clamps and Drivers Side Muffler Hanger and the Templete to Cut out the rear Bumper. The kit comes with the GT Takeoff Mufflers. I really like the sound of the GT Mufflers, there not too loud. They sound good at idle, better when crusing anf really good at WOT. There perfect for what I wanted. Not only does My Stang Sound Good now it also Loos Good. The Kit total with shipping was $368 and it was at my door less than 48 hours after I ordered it. I would recommend this NTO True Dual Kit to any V6 Owner:bigthumbsup

#6 ·
This really is a good deal and a great starting point for any 05-09 V6er... I essentially did the exact same thing as this kit for my 2010 except I had to buy a lower valence for the rear bumber since Ford changed up the rear end on the 2010+..

Here is a link to my dual GT takeoffs with BBK shortie headers...
http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz349/ducatti20/Mustang%20Exhaust/

#5 ·
I will 100th the fact that the GT takeoffs are one of the best mufflers I have ever used! Those sound classy and subtle. I actually replaced mine with a more aggressive sounding pair, I already have gotten compliments on my new mufflers "SSS Terminators". Said it sounded "Beefy" :bigthumbsup.

#8 ·
Thanks guys for all of the ideas. I still am trying to narrow it down to some of my top choices, but I'm simply overwhelmed right now with what I could go with. I came across the Bassani Xhaust with Power-X Crossover for the V6, which is part #40105 on their website.

YouTube - ‪Bassani Xhaust on the 2010 Mustang V6‬‏

Has anybody heard these in person or have an opinion on them? Thanks!

#9 ·
Thanks guys for all of the ideas. I still am trying to narrow it down to some of my top choices, but I'm simply overwhelmed right now with what I could go with. I came across the Bassani Xhaust with Power-X Crossover for the V6, which is part #40105 on their website.

YouTube - ‪Bassani Xhaust on the 2010 Mustang V6‬‏

Has anybody heard these in person or have an opinion on them? Thanks!
The bassani mufflers are supposed to be nice, but the drone in that video woulf make me nuts!

I have the NTO kit for mine and love it.

#10 ·
I have a 2008 V6 and I used Pypes xpipes with some 2007 GT mufflers. It has just the right amout of growl for my taste, and no whine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.