Why the 2005-2010 Mustang v6? And much more questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Why the 2005-2010 Mustang v6? And much more questions

Hey everybody. New mustang driver here. Used to drive a 1989 2.8L V6 Camaro RS. In April I bought a 2005 V6 Mustang for $8500 with 35,000 miles 5 spd stick. Came with Montego rims on it and LED tail lights. I wanted the V6 cause gas in Hawaii sucks and being a 22yr. old in college, I have little money lol. I was just wondering how come everyone else bought the 4.0L. I figured everyone's got their different reasons, just wondering what some of them are. I love my Mustang. There was so little that I could do with a 2.8 Camaro. Now I have sooo many options for my Mustang. So far I have a K&N CAI, BBK Headers and the NTO true dual conversion on it's way in the mail. On Wednesday I'm getting an SCT tuner. One day I'm planning on getting a Hurst short throw shifter, 3.73 gears and t-lok. I have to admit that I only know about all this stuff because of this forum. I love reading everything on here.

The CD player in my car keeps going through a "shuffling" stage before I even turn on the car and then reads "CD Error". I took off the battery, but it didn't fix anything. Sooo I was planning on buying a new deck with an in dash screen that comes out. Think it would look good?

Going to buy the hood strut kit and radiator cover extensions one day too. Just to dress up and make all nice nice.

Sorry for the long post with multiple questions. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the knowledgeable people that I can ask questions Thanks again for adding to the fun of cars for me.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Mustang
K&N CAI, SCT Tuner
BBK Headers, Borla True Dual Exhaust System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011
PONY Member

Fellow 21yr old Hawaiian from Honolulu as well here so thumbs up with that haha, as for mods your off to a great start real cool u got all the exaust stuff done that will add a few ponies, def get that tuner it will give the car instant throttle response and help the car work with the exaust and k&n you got, not really much to say all your stuff is going good, I'm actually going back to the islands to see my family we should meet up I'm sure you know some of my cousins I wouldn't doubt it haha

:p'07 SONIC (not vista) Blue 4.0
(dealership custom painted)
5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011
Rookie

Aloha
I picked up the 2011 V6 3.7L, from what I read this was a complete redue for Ford. 305 ponies and all aluminum block. And I have not been disappointed. And the gas millage is good. I love this car and It already sounds like you are a total gear head now.

Motor On

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

family reunion haha.. i like my 4.0 for ins ( i still pay $170 ) gas and to smoke 8's and laugh in their face. ohh and i just bought some M2 shorties of ebay. i noticed the piping was a lil bigger than the name brand shorties so i sure there is more air flow .

the SCT tuner is a must. this should have been my first mod

2005 4.0 R.I.P 12/22/08-4/13/12

2013 5.0 Premium GT Borla S-Type,BBK Shorty Headers, BBK X Pipe

more mods arriving shortly...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Daaaanggg...I knew I forgot to ask abother question. Is there a way to buy color wires for the engine? For example, if someone wanted to make it all look nice inside with one color.

Hey Hawaii guys! Great to see Hawaii people on here. Yah Stevo that sounds like a good idea. Haha I actually just canceled my NTO exhaust...it was $319 to purchase and $330 to ship to Hawaii So now I'm going to go to a shop and get it done. It was only about $300 cause my Uncle knows a guy.

K&N CAI, SCT Tuner
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

i got my livewires from moss motors with the screamn' deamon coil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0348.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	131499  

2005 4.0 R.I.P 12/22/08-4/13/12

2013 5.0 Premium GT Borla S-Type,BBK Shorty Headers, BBK X Pipe

more mods arriving shortly...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Looks good man. I still gotta try and clean up the inside of my engine compartment. The car has such low miles cause the guy who originally bought it drove it around and got sick so he stopped driving it. It just sat in a garage for awhile collecting dust.

K&N CAI, SCT Tuner
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Hey welcome to the forums
Good luck on your mods your on the right track
the CD player in your car sounds pretty common mine does the same thing its kind of a pain but i listen to the sat radio more then my cd's

Current Mustang: Tungsten Grey 2007 V6 pony package maunal.
Go: GT take-off muffler, CAI, strut tower brace
Show: Yellow Brake calipers, limo tint, smoked out tail lights 3rd brake light front signal lights and rear marker lights, chrome shift knob

Past Mustang(dads car) : 1986 GT 5.0 Red manual
Go: 91 motor, stage 1 HCI upgrade edelbrock exhaust
Show: Rear Window Louvers, limo tint
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Welcome! My stereo did the same thing. I didn't want to put up with it so I got a clarion with USB, AUX, CD, XM, and all sorts of nonsense. The space the shaker takes up can have a lot more utilization in my opinion, it just didn't have enough gadgets for me I guess lol. You really want the tuner, it will make it pretty much a different car. as far as headers.... from what I've heard, you get more gain from long tubes, but if you wanna S/C it ya gotta have shorties. I've got pypes polished shorties yet to put on, but the difference in the size is minimal compared to stock. It really depends on the car I think, the extra space could gain another 8 horse or make no gain at all. Just make sure you spend money on the mods that will make the most difference, trust me, I'm in college as well. And when you spend the cash on one thing and end up reading something else that says another thing is better, you end up disappointed. Just make sure and do your homework like I didn't until now. You'll have one heck of a car and be able to brag about a sixer with a big cheesy smile on your face!!

2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package Vista Blue with a 5-speed (Michele)
Go: BBK 70mm throttle body, BBK CAI, single custom exhaust (maxflow muffler) with polished 4" tip, SCT Tuner w/ 91 RT, SR TB Spacer, Custom made cold air bucket, Spec Stage II Clutch and SF66A Flywheel
Show: White rocker stripes, Kaenen Mach 1 Style hood, painted underhood parts/covers, Muffler tip, white stripes after heat reduction ports.
Own but not insalled- Polished Shorty Headers
Future-looking for 2007-08 F150
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

As I was reading your questions I thought to myself why I really got the car I did? Why a 2010 Candy Red 4.0? Price was really the main reason, but not because I would have bought a 4.6 or 5.0 if I could afford it. I would have surely bought the 3.7 2011. And this is not to save on gas. It is just something anal about the 5.0 that has existed, at least to me, since I was a kid.

I remember how you could buy the Mercury Capri or the Mustang LX and found them to be facinating as a sleeper.

I also truly hate the huge FOG lights!

I just got my car 3 weeks ago so no mods yet. Buy when I do I will only do performance mods and duals.

There is just something about the v6 4.0 that does it for me. And apparently a lot of others too.
Rookie

Love at first sight

I was looking for a Mustang to buy for my wife (her second). It was parked in front of the used car lot on the other side of the highway. Caught my eye. Test drove it. The wife did not want it. Did not want the brand new '14 I found for her later in the day. Next day (Sunday) I still had John's card and called him at his home. 'said he would park it in back for me till I could drop by Tuesday. Traded in my newly acquired '07 Honda coupe. Took a small loss - never regretted it. I absolutely love my V6 Mustang. On the day I drove her home, I learned her name is Carol. She is a real looker and man can she shake it down.

Let the Little Girl Dance

Artist: Billy Bland (peak Billboard position #7 in 1960)
Words and Music by Henry Glover and Carl Spencer

(Little wallflower on the shelf, standing by herself)
(Never had the nerve to take a chance, so let the little girl dance)

Let the little girl dance, let the little girl dance
She never danced before so let her on the floor (so let her on the floor)
Let the little girl dance, let the little girl dance
She wants to give it a try, so let the little girl by (so let the little girl by)

She’s been a little wallflower on the shelf, standing by herself
Now she got the nerve to take a chance, so let the little girl dance

Let the little girl through, she wants to pass by you
Buddy, can’t you see she wants to dance with me (she wants to dance with me)

She’s been a little wallflower on the shelf, standing by herself
Now she got the nerve to take a chance, so let the little girl dance
Let the little girl through, she wants to pass by you
Buddy, can’t you see she wants to dance with me (she wants to dance with me)

(Little wallflower on the shelf, standing by herself)
(Never had the nerve to take a chance)
Let the little girl dance (let the little girl dance)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
'wonder how she moves when I put a supercharger in her.

- JKHolman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page