Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner???

I was looking for a good fuel system cleaner. My local wal mart has 10oz bottles of this for 7$, but I cant really find any reviews on this particular cleaner. Other chevron injector cleaners and fuel system cleaners I've heard work wonders. Has anyone tried this particular one?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I've used it. My best friend is a Gm mechanic. He says it is the best "through the tank" cleaner.

Cruising the misinformation superhighway in a Terminator.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011
PONY Member

A lot of people swear by Seafoam. I have used it and like it a lot. It is available in my Walmart.

K&N CAI, Diablo Pgmr, Pypes cat back X pipes w/GT mufflers, Rousch Extreme springs, Koni St.R Struts and Shocks, 2010 SVT 18X9 1/2 wheels with Hankock 255/45-18 tires. CDC Chin Spoiler, GT500 Rear spoiler, Eleanore grill, CDC Light Bar,Carbon Fiber dash inserts, 2011 GT Premium leather seats, , Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth and DVD, Upgraded 3 way speakers.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

I've used Lucas, it works well...why not just run Chevron gas? It has the additives in it...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
I've used Lucas, it works well...why not just run Chevron gas? It has the additives in it...
That's the thing, I barley got bought the car in august. It has 93k on it and the previus owner only ran bargain gas. I've been using regular chevron Techron for the past month and it seems to be running smoother but my gas mileage is terrible. 280, on the previous tank and 200 now, and i havent had a lead foot at all... Would premium techron make a difference??? I'm crossing my fingers that this will help.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If the previous owner only ran bargain gas, I would highly reccomend seafoam, 1/3 of a can in the gas, 1/3 of a can in the oil, and suck 1/3 of a can into the intake via the brake booster vacuum line. Do that on about a half a tank then run it close to empty then fill up with some good gas. I did that and picked up about 2 mpg. I don't think premium Chevron will help anymore than their regular stuff. The Shell V Power supposedly contains extra additives that well help clean it out

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011
PONY Member

I agree that seafoam would be your best bet, I put some cheap arco gas in it and notice that everytime i run seafoam through my engine everything runs better and my economy goes up slightly...I have never put it in anything other than the fuel tank but im planning to do a complete 2 can cleaning here soon.

2007 V6 TORCH RED (will be missed)
2001 Bullitt - #1001 (Good riddance)
2004 Mach 1
--Magnaflow Exhaust, MGW shifter..For now
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011
PONY Member

I put 3/4 can seafoam in tank, rest in brake vacumn line into intake. I'm not one for putting stuff in my crankcase except oil

K&N CAI, Diablo Pgmr, Pypes cat back X pipes w/GT mufflers, Rousch Extreme springs, Koni St.R Struts and Shocks, 2010 SVT 18X9 1/2 wheels with Hankock 255/45-18 tires. CDC Chin Spoiler, GT500 Rear spoiler, Eleanore grill, CDC Light Bar,Carbon Fiber dash inserts, 2011 GT Premium leather seats, , Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth and DVD, Upgraded 3 way speakers.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mystang View Post
If the previous owner only ran bargain gas, I would highly reccomend seafoam, 1/3 of a can in the gas, 1/3 of a can in the oil, and suck 1/3 of a can into the intake via the brake booster vacuum line. Do that on about a half a tank then run it close to empty then fill up with some good gas. I did that and picked up about 2 mpg. I don't think premium Chevron will help anymore than their regular stuff. The Shell V Power supposedly contains extra additives that well help clean it out
The sea foam in intake sounds good. Where is the PVC valve or break booster vacuum line???
PONY Member

On the left side of the booster as you look from the front. It's the tube that's about 3/4 of an inch around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page