Will these rotors fit on my v6 or will any GT rotors fit on my v6? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Will these rotors fit on my v6 or will any GT rotors fit on my v6?

Hawk Mustang Quiet Slot Front Rotor (05-10 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I wanna know?

2006 Mustang V6 Coupe Satin Silver Sold

2004 Mustang GT
BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, MAC Prochamber Midpipe Off road H, Borla Stinger Aggressive Stainless Steel Catback, Motive 3.73 Gears, Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
C&L Cold Air Intake, King Cobra Stage 2 Clutch, MGW Short Throw Shifter
Comp Cams Stage 2 High Performance Cams, TrickFlow High Performance Intake Manifold, Ford Racing 24# Injectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011
Apprentice

If i remember correctly you will need the GT brake conversion which is like $125

2007 v6 convertible
Mods: Single GT take off axle back(waiting for dual conversion), Waiting to apply Caliper paint G2 red paint, 20" Giovanni rims with low profiles, Hood pins with lanyards, Smoked sequential tail lights, billet upper and lower grill, CCFL halo projector head lights, JLT CAI with performance tune.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Ford Racing Mustang V6 Front Rotor Upgrade Kit (05-10 V6) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011
PONY Member

They will only fit if you also get the GT front bracket. The rotors are bigger and the stock V6 bracket doesn't put the caliper out far enough.

But that is the only other thing you need. The calipers and pads are the same. So if you want those bigger rotors, just buy some of the GT caliper brackets and swap them.

GT size rotor on left - this is why the GT rotor won't fit the stock V6 brakes

GT bracket on left, V6 on right - see the size difference

I can't figure out how to make the pictures show up so you will have to follow the link

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

if you store the pics in a file on your computer,instead of using a hosting service, you can post them into the posts with the browse button in the mange attachments below. its actually better cause the pic will stay in the post forever instead of missing when the host is gone or stopped ect. i use my documents for pics, and store them on disks.

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011
PONY Member

Thanks - the other forums I frequent have you host the pictures.

So here are the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1293-1-1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	140394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1298.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	140395   Click image for larger version

Name:	comparisonGTleftV6bracketright.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	140396   Click image for larger version

Name:	comparisonGTbottomandV6top.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	140397   Click image for larger version

Name:	explodedview.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	140398  

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page