Ford Mustang Forum banner

The Best way to get a deeper sound?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  percyco 
#1 ·
I have pypes x pipe to 60 series flowmasters and i get alot of compliments on it. people can't believe its a 4.0. anyways I want to get a deeper throatier tone without a crap ton of money headers won't do much for our cars anways the stock ones flow good

#2 ·
I don't think it matters much anymore, but its said that the H pipe gives a deeper tone. CAI's are know to tweak the exhaust tone. My M2 shorty headers changed the tone, noticeably.

#3 ·
yep, h pipe, shorties, bbk tb., cai and race tune all effect the tone, but thats alot of money. you could start trying different mufflers, but thats a ton of money too and something i never wanted to get caught up in myself. the V6 is only gonna sound so good. i dont think mine could sound any deeper than it is, having all the stuff mentioned, only louder which i dont want. a nice padded leather armrest cover will make it seem deeper :gringreen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.