Ford Mustang Forum banner

2007 V6 Mustang Recommended Upgrades

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  geraldcash20 
#1 ·
I just recently came into possession of 2007 V6 Mustang and wondering what are some inexpensive upgrades I can make to it? I live in Tampa, FL and there are alot of highend fast model vehicles of which I wont really be able to beat without spending a lot of money but I would like to have enough power to beat my buddy who is driving a 09 Subaru WRX stage 2. He is only pushing out about 295 HP and I know I can beat him off the line just after that he really takes off. Any Ideas of what I can do that wouldn't cost me a ton?

#2 ·
dude Subarus are fast but id recommend at-least a cold air intake and tuner then gears for your rear end . But anyways to get up to that hp ya got to go f/i. Forced Induction mean super charging, turbo charging, or nitro. But ya welcome to mustang forums we are all here to help. If ya want good deals or if your military definitly go to americanmuscle.com

#3 ·
I bleed Ford Blue, so this really hurts to say. Without spending a ton of money, you are not going to beat a WRX st2, with our 210 hp v6's. A good CAI and tune will help, but still not beat him. He's AWD, so he gets power to the wheels X4, where you have one wheel bite. A good set of gears will help immensely, but still won't out-quick him. Remember, he has 85 hp more in the beginning and with AWD, makes for some serious quick speed. The Subie is quite a bit lighter too. I hope you find a way to beat him. Good luck.

#4 ·
I guess I am not really trying to beat him only because he has spent a lot of money to get to where he is but if I could be a little threating without putting a lot into it he would be pissed. I say this because he spent something like $19k plus about $3k on upgrades and I got my mustang for $7k. I am military by the way and have looked at american muscle how much of a discount do they give military?

#5 ·
Are you guys still running a 2.5 pipe from the engine to the muffler? or did you up it to a 3in pipe? I am looking to get a louder sounding exhaust but dont want to go dual because I dont want to spend more money on getting a new rear bumper and I dont like the look up the dual on the existing v6 bumper

#6 ·
What's wrong with the way Duals look on our 07 V6's? I think mine looks pretty sweet. Im not saying this to be a jerk but your not gonna scare anyone with a louder single muffler, your just gonna let everyone know you have a V6 that's a louder V6, and the sound from the single after market mufflers is'nt all that great if you ask me. For a few dollars more you could go duals. My True Dual kit with a X-Pipe, GT Takeoff Mufflers, the mid pipes and drivers side muffler hanger and all the clamps only cost me $299.00, you could easily spend that on a single good aftermarket muffler, but why?
As mentioned above, your not gonna beat that Stupidru unless you get a Tuner, CAI, a better rearend, a aluminum driveshaft and a SC.

Reactions: robernstt
#9 ·
I just cut out my factory bumper, a templete came with my dual kit, I just put a few pieces of masking tape on the rear bumper, drew on the tape using the templete and a marker and cut it out with a dremmel tool, easy, then sanded the edges with fine sandpaper.
I got my True Dual Kit from NTO, newtakeoff.com I dont think the sell the kits for our V6's anylonger as there's only so many GT Mufflers to go around. They also sell a-lot of New takeoff parts for our stangs there and there prices are cheap.
You can probably still find a set of GT Mufflers on e-bay or craigslist, some on here get them for under $50 a set, then all you need is a X-Pipe and midpipes. A X-Pipe is roughly $100+- and mid pipes ar'nt too bad either, then all you need is the drivers side muffler hanger. If you do some searching Im sure you can find all this stuff for under $300, and the install is easy too. Just cut the factory pipe after the Cats and everything clamps on.
I have some Pics of all the stuff I got in My Members Picture Gallery, click on the (Camera) under My Avatar Pic and it'll take you there.
Best Wishes!
Ron

#10 ·
I dont know if this is going on, on your end but on my end the picture I posted of my stang with duals parked next to my brother in laws Challenger only shows half the pic.....I'll try and download a new one.

Attachments

#11 ·
All I have to say is supercharge and change gears unless ya don't have that kind of money but ya american muscle gives like us military guys but ya have to be active now 5% discount. If ya can get the all out vortech with nitrous purge then yad be golden to kick his tail. But again thats alot of dough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.