Ford Mustang Forum banner

mustang tuner questions

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  AMWill 
#1 ·
im thinking of getting a tuner for my car im planning on getting a Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (05-10 V6) i want to know is it worth it and then i have a question about the order form first off it asks about an order number it says its a 6-7 digit number i have no idea what to put or where to get the number can anyone help

#3 ·
I think he's asking about his actual order #. You should have received an email with your order confirmation, that'll have your order # on it. The under hood # you'll need is for your ECU, which they give you directions on where to find that, with pics.

And yes a tuner is a very good investment. It'll help an all stock car, but once you start modding it becomes invaluable.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
Demolet Tunable Indution has a nice combo. Thats what I have and Bama 93 race tune. Love it :bigthumbsup

#8 ·
Demolet Tunable Indution has a nice combo. Thats what I have and Bama 93 race tune. Love it :bigthumbsup
+1 on the Tunable Induction CAI I love mine.
I bought my tuner from American Muscle thats the way to go.

#6 ·
05mustangdriver,

Hell Yes! The SCT SF3 with 3 Custom Tunes & Free Custom Tunes For Life is a must have for anybody looking to modify their mustang & gain the highest amount of power possible!

The Free tunes for life is a huge +! Anytime you add a new modification we can just shoot you over a revised file via EMAIL.

The 19 questions are just to let us know what is done to your vehicle. We hand write every single tune so that information helps us target your modifications!

Your Order # is given to you after you place the order & your Computer Code is found underneath the hood on a white sticker located on the PCM(directly next to the fuse box).

To attempt to guess your code. Included are some examples of codes that you might find during these years to help you recognize your car's code.

87-93:
Usually 2 Letters and 1 Number
Example Formats: A3M, A9L, A9P

94-95:
Usually 2 Letters and 2 Numbers
Example Formats: H4M3, T4M0, U4P0

96-13:
Usually 3 letters and 1 Number
Example Formats: XSH1, CDC3, MDE2

I hope this helps!

- Dan

so im supposed to order the tuner then get the order # and fill out the information then they send it to me
^YES!

#7 ·
All I'll add is get the 93 Race Tune, youy wont believe what it'll do to your V6. Instant Throttle Response and Fast Firm Tire Chirping Shifts:bigthumbsup
Also I get as good of gas mileage with the 93 race tune as I did with using 87 and the factory stock tune, that is as long as I can keep my foot out of the gas pedal:gringreen

#11 ·
Im not farmiliar with the 91 race tune, but the 93 race tune wont pass as the O2 Sensors are shut off. If the O2 Sensors are shut off with the 91 then it wont pass.
They do have a Emission Tune, you download this tune and drive it for about 100 miles or so at different speeds to reset the O2 Sensors and then when they will show ready for the inspection and you'll pass.
Otherwise you'll have to put back on the factory stock air box, redownload the factory stock tune, drive it and then go for your smog check. It's a Pain but this is the price you have to pay to play:gringreen
Good Luck:bigthumbsup

#15 ·
Thank #1fordlover & Jstafford1,
So, Race tune won't pass smog check. How about 91 Performance tune ( with C&L CAI) ? will it pass smog check? If it passes, I don't need to install Stock air box back and re-tune the ECU back to stock.
Thanks,
Dont let having to change back to the factory stock tune and air box for your smog test deter you from running the 93 race tune. The 93 race tune is awsome and well worth the little bit of a hassle to do those things to pass your smog test.
I have to download a Emission Tune every fall when I have to go for my Inspection, sure it's a Pain but as soon as I pass I redownload the 93 race tune and Im all smiles again:bigthumbsup
Also Im not sure about the 91 Preformance Tune, but I think it should pass your amog test, but dont quote me on it, give Bama a call Im sure one of the Tuners can answer this.
Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.