V6 Fog Light Grille Conversions - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Got My Credit

I faxed all my documentation to my credit card company on Monday and this morning I have a credit posted to my account for the charge from WCP Parts for thge V6 Pony Grille conversion kit. Again I encourage anyone who has not received their order from these people to contact their credit card company.
Also, take the time to file complaints with Yahoo Shopping and the California Better Business Bureau.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Just an update, I just completed my order for the parts, and this is the setup I have went with. I decided on getting the Street Scenes grill Part # 950-76591 ($269.95) with the wiring harness they provide 950-73591. ($79.95) I managed to pick up two GT fogs on ebay for $64 bucks the other day, so the Grand total plus shipping for the full conversion is going to cost me $435.40, and the best thing about it is everything was IN STOCK, and I can forget about the horrible West Coast Performance Parts experience. The total for the WCP conversion kit with shipping was $419.00 so for less then $20 more, I should be getting an even better product, (exact fit), so I am kinda looking at this in a postive manner and saying its perhaps a blessing in disguise that WCP dropped the ball. I should have everything delivered by next week (wed or so), so I will post some picks once its all installed etc. On another topic, I just went dual exaust with an h-pipe and gt take-offs so, need to post sound and video clips of that as well...

From all the research I did, it looks like this will be the easiest way to convert to GT Fogs without having to replace the front bumper cover or go with a "modified" grill.

PONY Member

[QUOTE= On another topic, I just went dual exaust with an h-pipe and gt take-offs so, need to post sound and video clips of that as well...

QUOTE]
Did you notch your stock bumper? What did you use for the driver side mid-pipe? Most important - how does it sound?

"Political Correctness means always having to say you're sorry"
05 4.0 Screaming Yellow Premium Coupe: IUP, Auto
SCT X-Cal2, MAC CAI, Dual GT Takeoff Mufflers w/ H-Pipe
4:10 Richmond Gears, Pony Package Grill
Best 1320 Time 14.7 @ 98 MPH (Before the 4:10's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgensemer
Did you notch your stock bumper? What did you use for the driver side mid-pipe? Most important - how does it sound?
Yeah, I had a friend of mine that works at a body shop notch the bumper for me. Only took him about 20 mins to do it, he marked and taped it off, and used a air saw to cut it... then polished it up a bit after sanding and such. With the GT Takeoffs, the exaust tips stick out quite a bit, so without looking very very closely (like bending down one foot away) you cant tell at all the difference between the right and left side.

As far as the pipes go, the local shop here custom built the driver's side for me. They removed the passenger side, and the tech modeled a new pipe right in front of me for the drivers side. I watched the entire install from the beginning and was VERY impressed with his skill. Took them about 3 hours total for the complete install. One other thing I forgot to mention was the muffler body hangs down quite a bit with the v6 bumper, so I bought some Hi Temp black paint and painted them (not the chrome tips!) and it looks quite nice...

As far as sound goes, man! I am VERY impressed. I will post a clip soon on the sound for you. As an example, after the install and the muffler shop was taking it off the stand, when he cranked it up, he was like woah! I did not think you could get that sound out of stock gt mufflers... AND when I left there to go to the local walmart to buy the hi-temp paint, when walking across the parking lot, a guy was yelling: "hey! hey! mustang guy! What do you have in that thing???" I yelled back its just a v6, and he was like "no way! It sounds GREAT, and looks damn good too!" So to say the least, I thought right then and there, it was worth every penny!!!

Anway, I will post the sound clips, and pics in a new thread once I get them.... Don't want to mess this thread up with off topic posts...

too. bad that with the street scene grill the top grill wont match your bottom grill...cause street scenes grill is wire mesh not anything like the factory grill..did you look into that.

yeah, they have a bottom grill to match that I am picking up too, just not this paycheck.. heh

I messed up cuz i didn't read these froms... So,now i'm pay the price of the WCP nightmare.... Wish me luck.....
S197 Member

gt to gt new grille

I want the new grill with the "corral"...wonder what they ask just a grille swap?

So Ive got the GT bumper installed, but the lights arent wired. Am I to assume that the WCP wiring kit and oem foglight switch is a plug-n-play?

If you can get it.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking
So Ive got the GT bumper installed, but the lights arent wired. Am I to assume that the WCP wiring kit and oem foglight switch is a plug-n-play?

If you can get it.
I got it before they started having problems. WCP provided a GT switch and WCP included the harness. Piece of cake!

"Political Correctness means always having to say you're sorry"
05 4.0 Screaming Yellow Premium Coupe: IUP, Auto
SCT X-Cal2, MAC CAI, Dual GT Takeoff Mufflers w/ H-Pipe
4:10 Richmond Gears, Pony Package Grill
Best 1320 Time 14.7 @ 98 MPH (Before the 4:10's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking

If you can get it.
Even if they say they can get it... don't buy ANYTHING from WCPP. Even assuming you do miraculously get ahold of them.

I just ordered a complete kit from this seller for $415. Includes the lower grille that I probably won't change out, but oh well. Best price I could find for the complete kit..

Anyway, it might not hurt to contect him and see if he can get the switch and wiring for you..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8053981616

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmace
Even if they say they can get it... don't buy ANYTHING from WCPP. Even assuming you do miraculously get ahold of them.

I just ordered a complete kit from this seller for $415. Includes the lower grille that I probably won't change out, but oh well. Best price I could find for the complete kit..

Anyway, it might not hurt to contect him and see if he can get the switch and wiring for you..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8053981616

Thanks for the Info gmace. I printed up that ebay page and took it to a local Ford dealer and spent sometime with the parts manager there. He never heard of the availability of this kit but the part number is a actual Ford part number so he looked it up. He told me that the list price was in the $780 range! When I told him that it was being offered for $415 plus $20 shipping he asked me to give him a call the next day. When I called back he told me that the usual mark up for parts is around 20-30% but for this particular item it was a 90% mark up!!!
He then said that I could have the complete kit direct from him for $425 Costing me $10 less than ebay.

It should be in by the middle of next week

I would recommend taking the ebay page to your local dealer and see if they can work something out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page