2005 Mustang getting clunky brake noise and gear noise when shifting! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006 Thread Starter

2005 Mustang getting clunky brake noise and gear noise when shifting!

I hear a clunk noise from the rear brakes at low speeds when applying the brakes. The dealership advised that everything was OK and this has been a reported issue.

Also from time to time when shifting gears it seems to make more noise than it should...they told me this was normal as well and called it gear rollover?????

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on these items?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006

Doesnt sound ok to me.. but I dont know the most recent cars.

On an older car I would guess that it could be a ujoint or something, once the pressure is applied a bad ujoint could still try to spin faster than the wheels..

I would say to keep an ear on it and make sure it isnt starting to sound worse..

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

My stang has some "clunking" noises when shifting at times. Mechanics said it is normal drivetrain noise in a standard. Never had a car (or truck) that did it before though.

2007 Mustang GT
Windveil Blue

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006

At low speeds i hear more of a pop noise, like from the suspension not from the shifter or rear. Sounds like there is trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page