Just totaled 2006 mustang. what to do now?? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Also the exact quote was 7,665.20 and the nada guide says if it was clean it would be 9000.. Ok condition 8400 and poor condition 7400

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Probably about half or less of what the PP and auto options cost when new. I think the auto added about $700, not sure about the PP. Just another guess here, but am thinking about $1000 to $1500. If you can get it to $9000 or over, I'd run to the bank..

PONY Member
Classic Member

I guess I was right about them assuming it was a base model. If memory serves me correct, the pony package was about a $2000 option back then and even more now. I stand by my number of $9,000.

Apprentice

I hate it when people start conversations, looking for help, and then cant take the time to post how the story ended.

There can be only 1
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

He's probably still dealing with the insurance. From the pic it looked like a single car accident, since no details were provided. If someone else caused the accident, time to go after them, especially if the car was paid off.

Later,

Lee Yoder

Redfire Metallic 2006 4.0L V6
JLT CAI, SCT 93 Octane Performance tune, GT Take-off Rear Swaybar, Screamin' Demon Coil, NGK plugs, Borg-Warner cables
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Show No Go View Post
I hate it when people start conversations, looking for help, and then cant take the time to post how the story ended.
Ditto. Would be nice if OP updated this thread. Enough time has passed, would be fun to know what the pay out was and what he did for a new ride..
PONY Member

Reading through the posts it seems like some people have had trouble dealing with insurance companies that don't know what features are on the car. The insurance companies likely just run the VIN and see what pops up for features. I know I have dealt with that trying to get an ABS discount that didn't show up for my car when it clearly has it.

My suggestion to others: look through the paperwork that you got when insuring your car or talk to your agent and see if your car is accurately described.

Apprentice

Exact same thing happened when I wrecked my Ninja 1000. Check, then double check everything they tell you.
Rookie

i'm sorry to hear that. look into GT!
Apprentice

Too many prices!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page