rear blackout panel - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

rear blackout panel

Hey guys! I ordered the 3D carbon hood scoop and my Stang is in the shop for gears and t-loc tommorow.
I want to try a rear blkout panel I have seen the magnetic ones on the net and was wondering if any one has one and how they look on? The best place to get one? I like that they can be taken off easy for cleaning. Any advise?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006

Only place I know of:

http://stores.ebay.com/Mustang-Magnets

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

thanks alot dude!!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006

Carefull with the magnetic ones, could get stolen.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

for 39 dollars I'll take the chance
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGod
Just ordered it I'll post what I think of it
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006

Cool...post a pic when you get it on. I am thinking of getting it but I also want the chrome trim bezels and I do not think they will look good together.

Kruse:anything you put there has a chance to get stolen. Better to take a magnet then rip off something put on with 3M tape, IMO
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Cool...post a pic when you get it on. I am thinking of getting it but I also want the chrome trim bezels and I do not think they will look good together.

Kruse:anything you put there has a chance to get stolen. Better to take a magnet then rip off something put on with 3M tape, IMO
Good point if they want something off your car they will get it better off with a magnet I agree
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pperin
Hey guys! I ordered the 3D carbon hood scoop and my Stang is in the shop for gears and t-loc tommorow.
I want to try a rear blkout panel I have seen the magnetic ones on the net and was wondering if any one has one and how they look on? The best place to get one? I like that they can be taken off easy for cleaning. Any advise?
Did you decide on the 3.73s or 4.10s?

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Magnet

At least with the magnetic one if you don't like it, it's easy to remove!

2005 Windveil Blue V-6, Man. Trans, GT Dual exh. and mufflers, FRPP X-pipe, JBA shorty headers, CA Spec X-Charger 3.0, XXtuning tune, throttle body coolant bypass, 180 F thermostat, Moss Mustang Oil Cooler, GT 18" Fanblades, SSI Ducktail Spoiler, CDC chin spoiler, FRPP strut tower brace, FRPP lowering springs, FRPP struts and shocks, GT front and rear sway bars, GT front brakes, GT 8.8" rearend, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Stewart Warner boost gauge in Roush vent pod. 275 rwhp, 294 rwtq.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Did you decide on the 3.73s or 4.10s?
Hey STL I am going with 3.73"s getting done today!!!!
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperin
Hey STL I am going with 3.73"s getting done today!!!!
Little late now but check to make sure they used friction modifier with the new trac loc.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Little late now but check to make sure they used friction modifier with the new trac loc.
Friction modifier?? Whats that?
Hey I got my 3D Scoop today looks great! just dry fitted it I'll install tommorow
Classic Member
S197 Member

It's for the limited slip diff so the clutch packs don't bind on slow speed turns. if you used a good shop, they would know. You'll soon know if they didn't as you'll hear what sounds like rocks grinding in the rear axle on slow turns. Not damaging, just really annoying. 4oz of friction modifier will take care of it.

On the scoop, make sure you clean the hood with rubbing alcohol to remove any wax and use the adhesion promoter (a small tube should be in the box).

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:

eww dude, i know this guy i work with he has a black 05 with the butter interior but has the ugly chrome trim on the tail lights. i mean i think it cheapens the car and makes it look really whack

ROUSH Stage 1 package, ROUSH Carbon fiber IUP, UPR 2005 Round A/C Knob Kit, Clear Front Turn Signal Assembly, Clear Rear Bumper Side Marker Light, Steeda V6 Steel Strut Tower Brace, MMR V6 Rear Coil Over Kit, Limo tints, 2005 Mustang Billet Door Pins, Ford Racing mats.

Just Installed>>> MAC Ceramic Longtubes with MAC Prochamber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page