NEED HELP ! Unlock doors & alarm with my cellphone or other NFC tags - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

NEED HELP ! Unlock doors & alarm with my cellphone or other NFC tags

Hi !

I have a 2010 convertible V6.

Since I installed a one-touch convertible switch, I realized how easy it was to hack my own car.
I decided to go on a little project involving my lovely Mustang, a Arduino board (consider that like a mini computer), a NFC tag module, a bunch of relays (and other components like bluetooth, but let's stay focus..).

So the ultimate goal is to unlock my doors & my trunk using a NFC tag (you have them in modern smartphones or you can get a a small card or a keyfob that you can scan).

I have the Arduino board and all the components needed, I know how to make them work and I have no problem reading the tags, trigger relays, etc. I even found some tutorials for other cars.. Everything is going well, but...

I NEED YOUR HELP because I have troubles to find the best spot to plug this system on my car. I first wanted just to connect on the door lock to trigger the opening, but if my top is down and if you open your door manually, then the alarm start honking.

I need to find the best place to connect on the 'stang so :
* doors can be unlocked and alarm shutted down (is there a way to do that at the same time like when I unlock doors from my keyless entry keyfob? Will I have to act on 2 separate circuits with 2 separate relays ? If so, should I have to connect that on the Smart Junction Box ?)
* doors can be locked and the alarm engaged
* I can open the trunk

Basically, I just want to do the exact same stuff than the Keyless Entry keyfob, but I just don't know where to connect my system. I've read some threads where they say the KEM is in the SJB, but I don't know the best way to connect it. Or if there is a simpler way to do it that trying to hack the KEM...

Would anyone could please help me ?

In return, I'll post an Instructable with all the materials needed and steps to do it in your own car, if you want.

My ultimate goal will be in the future to do a way more complex system which will involve tracking my car (GPS) and can also send email with the GPS log if my car is stolen, locking my doors if I'm home and I forgot to lock them at night, etc. I'm also playing with the OBD-II, it's going to be fun

THANK YOU ! I hope someone with strong wiring and electrical knowledge can help me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 66Sprint200
Hey, I'd actually be really interested in being able to lock/ unlock my car from my phone. I have the wiring diagrams for the 2005-2010 Mustangs let me see what they say. I'll post pictures of the key in a bit.

1966 Mustang Sprint 200 "Oliver"... factory fog lamps, factory rally pac, off the road for restoration.

2005 Mustang 4.0 litre... Airaid CAI, Honeycomb taillamp panel, more mods to follow.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 66Sprint200
This is the key for a 2010 Mustang convertible with the shaker 500 (non navigation car). I hope this helps you. The wire colours are different from my 2005 couple. PM me, because I would love to remotely unlock/unarm and lock my car using my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010convertiblesecurity.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	351305   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010convertibleconvenience.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	351313   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010doors.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	351321  

1966 Mustang Sprint 200 "Oliver"... factory fog lamps, factory rally pac, off the road for restoration.

2005 Mustang 4.0 litre... Airaid CAI, Honeycomb taillamp panel, more mods to follow.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi 66Sprint200

I'm still struggling.
Thanks for your diagram. I also found this 2010-2012Â*FordÂ*MustangÂ*Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

I've received more parts for this project :
  • an OBD-II UART plug (to power and communicate with my Arduino board)
  • a 4-relays module to act on the circuits
  • the NFC module to detect the tag / phone

Now I just need :
* to figure out where to plug the system to unlock doors and disengage alarm or to lock the doors and engage alarm
* write the program to detect NFC tag (or phone) and trigger the unlock / lock
* get connectors to clip on a cable instead of having to do sh!tty soldering

I'll try to find the SJB and the good cables this week-end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
arduino , diy , remote door lock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page