Exhaust Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Exhaust Help

I want my Mustang to sound really Aggressive and loud, What would be my best choice if I were to buy some exhaust?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
BOSS Member

Allied.....run about $40 each, available nationwide, comes in lengths from 10" up to 38" (IIRR) and any diameter you would want

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Open pipes/no mufflers. that'll give you the loudest exhaust, but it won't be that loud with the stock cats in place. It will sound better, though.

Mike -- 2005 "The Beast" (Formerly a V6, now a forged/stroked 5.0L V8 sportn' a Kenne Bell 2.6L @18psi, and many mods
2006 4.0L w/Powerhouse turbo and TR-6060 :kooky:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
GT Member

I've got open pipes basically. Just two glass packs after my X-pipe then no mufflers. Docile when cruising. Loud and proud when on it. Might switch to an h - pipe or divorced duals soon but haven't decided.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Exhaust Help

Just take your muffler off and have a shop make you a new tailpipe with a tip on it. This is what it will sound like.
http://youtu.be/yOwCWQBiflk

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

BBK CAI, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers,SLP Hi-Flow Cats, Pypes X pipe and Violators, Shaftmaster's 3.5" DS, 4.10's w/ T-Lok, 93 R tune by BAMA, Diablosport Trinity Tuner, PATC 3000 RPM Stall Converter, Zex Nitrous 100 shot
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanSteveo View Post
I want my Mustang to sound really Aggressive and loud, What would be my best choice if I were to buy some exhaust?
That's a good question and I would recommend the Pypes Pro Street Axle Back as it's going to give you a lot of the V8 rumble at a fraction of the price. Having had an exhaust shop fabricate a system for me I wouldn't go that route as a delete is going to be a little more on the raspy, higher pitched, annoying side.

let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help any way I can!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanSteveo View Post
LTs, straight piped, mid-muffler w/ super 40s, but I might try the SLP LM 1. I get asked if it's a v8 so much that it's rather annoying.
20140124 003931 - YouTube
I literally almost cried the night I went to go pick her up after the overhaul was done.

Don't know if illinois has inspections though, mine doesn't.

Also lowering springs, I got mine for $70 from AM when they had their Christmas sale. (SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe 53151 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
That's a good question and I would recommend the Pypes Pro Street Axle Back as it's going to give you a lot of the V8 rumble at a fraction of the price. Having had an exhaust shop fabricate a system for me I wouldn't go that route as a delete is going to be a little more on the raspy, higher pitched, annoying side.

let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help any way I can!

-Alex
Can I get the True Duals on a V6? What all would I have to buy besides the exhaust system to get it to work? An X pipe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
exhaust , exhaust 07 v6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page