Vibration at idle? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Vibration at idle?

I have a vibration during idle. I cleaned out my thottle body (which was filthy from the carbon deposits), and my MAF sensor as well. This helped A LOT and the vibration has gotten much less severe, however i'm still feeling some vibration while stopped in drive. I'm wondering if you guys had any ideas as to what it is? My motor mounts and transmission mounts are in good shape, so i'm lost as to where to look. Don't know if this could be related to my last post (transmission fluid). I'd love to hear back with any opinion. Thank you.

Car is a 2006 V6 Automatic Transmission with 118,000 miles on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06stella View Post
I have a vibration during idle. I cleaned out my thottle body (which was filthy from the carbon deposits), and my MAF sensor as well. This helped A LOT and the vibration has gotten much less severe, however i'm still feeling some vibration while stopped in drive. I'm wondering if you guys had any ideas as to what it is? My motor mounts and transmission mounts are in good shape, so i'm lost as to where to look. Don't know if this could be related to my last post (transmission fluid). I'd love to hear back with any opinion. Thank you.

Car is a 2006 V6 Automatic Transmission with 118,000 miles on it.
Id seafoam it to see if it smooths out the idle. Here is a video I found that I used a few years back.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
Rookie

Heres a good reference thread for the seafoam. seafoam help click here

Also another thing I would do is...disconnect the negative battery connecter for 30 minutes to reset the ecu so it can relearn the idle.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Once again, thank you. And damn i'd read a lot about the seafoam treatment but never seen a video i thought it was just a gas tank additive. My question is i put in about 500 miles ago during my last oil change one of those lucas oil fuel injector cleaners in with a full tank. is that going to be an issue while using this? I feel like the lucas oil things are not necessarily the most effective, potentially very diluted? Sorry for the questions just want to learn as much as possible while i'm at is.

That video is great, thank you, I'm going to do the treatment tomorrow.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_ga View Post
Heres a good reference thread for the seafoam. seafoam help click here

Also another thing I would do is...disconnect the negative battery connecter for 30 minutes to reset the ecu so it can relearn the idle.
Alright so I did the seafoam treatment today. I put somewhere between a third and half the can in the car the way shown in the video and the rest in the gas tank. Released a lot of smoke in comparison but not as much as i expected. Didn't feel much of a difference afterwards, maybe its a gradual thing because of the gas one? Although I must say i will include this in my regular maintenance.

I will try the battery connector tomorrow morning before work and i'll get back to you on that afterwards. Thanks for the help so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
automatic , idle , vibration

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page