2006 Mustang V6 Exhaust Recommendations - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
A_Rod45's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Harlan
Posts: 3
 
2006 Mustang V6 Exhaust Recommendations

Okay, I got my Mustang back in August of last year and haven't had the money to mod it yet but hopefully fortune has found me and i may be getting a job soon. So as with virtually every V6 Mustang owner I want to get a better sounding exhaust. I know that the best option would be to get a dual exhaust conversion but I don't have the money. I was thinking about getting just a simple muffler from O'reilys, I believe its the Flowtech Raptor. Its around 40 dollars and I can have it installed for bout' 40 bucks so I am looking at like 80 dollars. I also thought about saving up and buying the Flowmaster American Thunder Muffler from American Muscle. I talked to a salesman at O'reilys and he said the cheaper one they have wouldn't be much different from the Flowmaster on AM. So I don't know if he just wants my money for if there is truth to it. So if anyone can give me an idea of which would be a better choice I would be grateful. Also if y'll could give me any alternative options that'd be great too.
By the way I am new to forums so if this is to long I apologize, let me know.

A_Rod45 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Site Sponsor
 
AMAlexLazarus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Malvern
Posts: 1,204
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Rod45 View Post
Okay, I got my Mustang back in August of last year and haven't had the money to mod it yet but hopefully fortune has found me and i may be getting a job soon. So as with virtually every V6 Mustang owner I want to get a better sounding exhaust. I know that the best option would be to get a dual exhaust conversion but I don't have the money. I was thinking about getting just a simple muffler from O'reilys, I believe its the Flowtech Raptor. Its around 40 dollars and I can have it installed for bout' 40 bucks so I am looking at like 80 dollars. I also thought about saving up and buying the Flowmaster American Thunder Muffler from American Muscle. I talked to a salesman at O'reilys and he said the cheaper one they have wouldn't be much different from the Flowmaster on AM. So I don't know if he just wants my money for if there is truth to it. So if anyone can give me an idea of which would be a better choice I would be grateful. Also if y'll could give me any alternative options that'd be great too.
By the way I am new to forums so if this is to long I apologize, let me know.
A_Rod45-Welcome and no apology neccessary! This is one of the shorter threads out there, believe me! I don't have much info on the flowtech and for all I know they could be made by Flowmaster. I'm pretty partial to their exhaust systems for the V6 as they're not on the tinny, high pitched or metallic side. There's a lot of people (Myself included) that would've likely went that route or even taken the car to an exhaust shop to have the muffler hacked off and replaced with a straight pipe, but that gets annoying, really fast. I think for the money Pypes Street-Pro Axle Back is the best buy out there because it's going to have a fairly straight throguh design for being a chambered axelback (has a muffler as opposed to a delete) and would get you the same rumble if not better than that of something you would find at a local shop.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and sorry for my long reply!

Alex


Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Rookie
 
ryanxstang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: South Shore.
Posts: 47
 
i had flowmaster 44's on mine when i first bought it. sounded alright. check out the pypes violator


1998 mustang ( sn95.modded )
1988 mustang ( lx.bone stock )
Boston. Mass
Auto Tech for over 2 years
ryanxstang is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Site Sponsor
 
Matt@Flowmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 263
 
To clarify, Flowmaster does not produce mufflers for any other company including the one mentioned above. Here is a link to all of the options that we have available for your vehicle. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Flowmaster Inc.
Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6am–5pm PST, Sat 7:30am–5pm PST
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
az.dsrt's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 1,214
 
Get an OEM GT muffler. Bought mine off Craigslist for $20. Is a direct fit, DIY install and save the money.
az.dsrt is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
A_Rod45's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Harlan
Posts: 3
 
Hey thanks for the info everyone, I just woke up I checked up on the pypes axleback on youtube and I definitely believe that would be my better option the Flowmaster is 60 dollars more and I really prefer the sound of the pypes.
A_Rod45 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Site Sponsor
 
AMAlexLazarus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Malvern
Posts: 1,204
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
To clarify, Flowmaster does not produce mufflers for any other company including the one mentioned above. Here is a link to all of the options that we have available for your vehicle. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!
Thanks for clarifying this for me! I've had your products on more Mustangs than I can count and they're definitely worth every cent!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
Site Sponsor
 
Matt@Flowmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 263
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Thanks for clarifying this for me! I've had your products on more Mustangs than I can count and they're definitely worth every cent!

-Alex
No problem, Alex. Thank you!

Flowmaster Inc.
Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6am–5pm PST, Sat 7:30am–5pm PST

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
A_Rod45's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Harlan
Posts: 3
 
Well a just wanted to check back in I bought the flowtech raptor for 31 dollars, I didn't have time to have it installed today so I have to wait till Saturday or Monday to install I'll upload a clip for the exhaust sound. Happy 4th everyone
A_Rod45 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
advise needed , exhaust

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1