Yet Another Exhaust Question. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yet Another Exhaust Question.

I searched and searched to no avail on this question and I apologize if it has been asked a thousand times before.

I want to purchase long tube headers for my 2007 V6 Mustang and convert to a dual exhaust. I have been able to only locate y pipes to attach to said long tube headers looking under a v6 mustang. should I be looking for shorty mid pipes for the GT? will a GT mid pipe (preferably an H-Pipe) fit on my v6?

I live in Juneau, Alaska and they have no emission laws (or noise laws, from the horses (cops) mouth) here so I wanted to go catless. can someone possibly point me in the right direction on where I can buy the long tube headers/shorty H-Pipe/Flow Pipes and mufflers all in on shipment. shipping to Alaska is a pain in the ass so doing it all at once is actually easier for me.

Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hello there!
" long tube headers/shorty H-Pipe/Flow Pipes and mufflers all in on shipment."

So, we can definitely get you the following from american muscle:
Pace Setter Black Mustang Long Tube Headers 70-3236 (05-10 V6) - Free Shipping
Pace Setter Mustang Shorty OffRoad H-Pipe 82-1122 (05-10 GT w/ Long Tube Headers) - Free Shipping
2005-2009 Mustang Catback Exhaust¬*|¬*AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Are there exhaust shops out in Alaska? They may have midpipes and the flow pipes. If they can get you set up with that, you could just pick a good pair of mufflers:
2005-2009 Mustang Axleback Exhaust¬*|¬*AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

American Muscle could be your one stop shop.

2012 Race Red Ford Mustang 5.0

R.I.P.
Grey 2006 Ford Mustang SCS
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang06V6 View Post
Hello there!
" long tube headers/shorty H-Pipe/Flow Pipes and mufflers all in on shipment."

So, we can definitely get you the following from american muscle:
Pace Setter Black Mustang Long Tube Headers 70-3236 (05-10 V6) - Free Shipping
Pace Setter Mustang Shorty OffRoad H-Pipe 82-1122 (05-10 GT w/ Long Tube Headers) - Free Shipping
2005-2009 Mustang Catback Exhaust¬*|¬*AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Are there exhaust shops out in Alaska? They may have midpipes and the flow pipes. If they can get you set up with that, you could just pick a good pair of mufflers:
2005-2009 Mustang Axleback Exhaust¬*|¬*AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

American Muscle could be your one stop shop.

I guess ultimately you answered my question. I can use the GT H-pipes on my V6 so thank you so much for that. Makes searching a lot easier.

As for muffler shops here in Juneau, there is one. and they wont do any catless work and they aren't the best. Tried to tell me I couldn't put a dual exhaust on my old Tahoe, then I just ordered the parts and did it myself. One of many reasons I wish I lived elsewhere. One of the biggest reasons is no damn free shipping and it can get real pricey.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I replied to this thread and it said it had to be approved. But it has been awhile so I am trying again.

judging by your response I assume that yes I am able to use the GT exhaust mid pipes. makes my life so much easier.

is there any difference of the GT and the V6 catbacks? is there any difference from the headers back? since the headers would obviously be different.

there is one muffler shop in town and they are pretty adamant about the federal law of not removing cats so I am pretty much stuck doing this myself. which isn't to bad. I learn a bit and save some money.

Thank you for the input. if by any chance anyone knows of any place that ships to Alaska for free that would be fantastic.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxxon514 View Post
I replied to this thread and it said it had to be approved. But it has been awhile so I am trying again.

judging by your response I assume that yes I am able to use the GT exhaust mid pipes. makes my life so much easier.

is there any difference of the GT and the V6 catbacks? is there any difference from the headers back? since the headers would obviously be different.

there is one muffler shop in town and they are pretty adamant about the federal law of not removing cats so I am pretty much stuck doing this myself. which isn't to bad. I learn a bit and save some money.

Thank you for the input. if by any chance anyone knows of any place that ships to Alaska for free that would be fantastic.
I thought AM ships for free? Yea good for you to do it yourself, Ive seen them work, aside from the tools and history they know, exhaust installs look pretty straight forward. I dont really know much about catbacks, I just buy axel backs.

2012 Race Red Ford Mustang 5.0

R.I.P.
Grey 2006 Ford Mustang SCS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member

Search a little more...there are many many threads on this.

A GT takeoff system is a great way to go. That's how I did my setup, got the mufflers and drier-side mid-pipe, then took out the Y and fabbed up separate 45* bends to the mid-pipes. You can use your stock v6 pipe past the y, as it is 2.5" and the same size as a GT pipe. The rest of the piping before the Y is 2.25", which if you can get ahold of a GT h-pipe, you can weld the h-pipe to your stock piping past the cats.
If you insist on doing away with the cats, just get some downpipes made. You won't really gain anything from deleting the cats, as they flow very well.

Don't bother with long-tube headers, they don't do anything (again, search!).

Mike -- 2005 "The Beast" (Formerly a V6, now a forged/stroked 5.0L V8 sportn' a Kenne Bell 2.6L @18psi, and many mods
2006 4.0L w/Powerhouse turbo and TR-6060 :kooky:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page