Just had supercharger installed wrench light came on - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just had supercharger installed wrench light came on

I got my supercharger installed and custom dyno tuned and drove it all day it was just fine then today after driving for a while and starting it a few hours later the wrench light came on and then it turned off. I started it again and no light came on any help would be appriciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Vortech Supercharged 05 Mustang 4.0

2.gi f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
PONY Member

If the light comes back on is when I would begin to worry. You can then check it with a code scanner and see if it is a real problem or just a fluke.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

i started the car an hour or so later and it started just fine i ran it for a minute or two and it worked fine. i then contacted the shop that did the work and they said they could send me a tune to fix it. but i want an updated tune to be a last resort because i have never gotten an updated tune and im worried ill do something wrong and mess stuff up worse.

2.gi f

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
PONY Member

If the light hasn't came back on and everything appears to be normal I wouldn't have too much concern. Updating a tune is very simple if you have a programmer or the shop will do it that you originally got tunes at. I wouldn't worry about changing tunes I do it all the time and have never had an issue good luck!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang-lover05 View Post
If the light hasn't came back on and everything appears to be normal I wouldn't have too much concern. Updating a tune is very simple if you have a programmer or the shop will do it that you originally got tunes at. I wouldn't worry about changing tunes I do it all the time and have never had an issue good luck!
+1

The nice thing about a tune is that it can be easily changed.
If you get the CEL come on once in awhile, you really need to find out why. It could be a real issue, it could be a tuning issue.

Mike -- 2005 "The Beast" (Formerly a V6, now a forged/stroked 5.0L V8 sportn' a Kenne Bell 2.6L @18psi, and many mods
2006 4.0L w/Powerhouse turbo and TR-6060 :kooky:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

the wrench light still hasnt come on so im hoping it was just a fluke.

2.gi f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page