2005 V6 Air/fuel guage install. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
2005 V6 Air/fuel guage install.

Gentleman, imy currently installing a Air fuel guage as a result of a recently supercharged 2005 V6. The instructions say, splice into the O2 Sensor wire via the Engine PCM. Unfortunately, I have no idea which wire it is, or what color. I also assume it's the computer on the engine bay on the passengers side. I need guidence. Please help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014
PONY Member

As I said on your other post - get rid of the narrow band because it is just a nice little light show.

With the supercharger you want to know what your AFR is - and for that you need a wideband so you can monitor things. The wide band is a little more for cost, but don't cheap out and damage your engine.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Yeah the first post is A result from thst new system on the form. I find it very difficult to navigate. But I digress.
So basically, the $70 Autometer I bought is good for absolutely nothing? Why is it even on the shelf then ? It can't be completely useless. For me, $70 is alot of money.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post

As I said on your other post - get rid of the narrow band because it is just a nice little light show.

With the supercharger you want to know what your AFR is - and for that you need a wideband so you can monitor things. The wide band is a little more for cost, but don't cheap out and damage your engine.
+1 Grab a wideband and have it done right.

2009 GT - Eibach Pro Kit Springs & front and rear sway bars | Tokico D-Spec | BMR panhard | Steeda control arms | ARH LT's w/ catted H | Borla ATAK | 2.3L Whipple | To Install - Mcleod RXT & Flywheel | DivisionX return style fuel system | ID1000 | Yet to Buy - Back to the drawing board...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014
PONY Member

The narrow band will give you a lambda reading for your air fuel mix. You have to do some math to figure out your air fuel ratio. Multiply. Your lambda reading by 14.7 and you get your air fuel ratio. The gauge isn't useless, it's just easier with the wideband gauge.

BBK CAI, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers,SLP Hi-Flow Cats, Pypes X pipe and Violators, Shaftmaster's 3.5" DS, 4.10's w/ T-Lok, 93 R tune by BAMA, Diablosport Trinity Tuner, PATC 3000 RPM Stall Converter, Zex Nitrous 100 shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page