2007 v6 with some issues - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy 2007 v6 with some issues

Ok so I have a 2007 v6 with 160k miles. I have a couple issues I need help with.

1. Whenever I turn on the A/c or heat, a weird loud clicking sound comes from the dash for about 5 seconds. Both a/c and heat work too.

2. My thermostat has recently been staying close to the "C" while running. Even on a 2 hour drive. How hard is one of these to replace and where can I get one for the best price?

3. Is there a mod for the stock intake for better flow? Or should I buy an aftermarket intake?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014
GT Member

This thread is in two places and needs to be corrected.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...me-issues.html

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_4.0 View Post
1. Whenever I turn on the A/c or heat, a weird loud clicking sound comes from the dash for about 5 seconds. Both a/c and heat work too.

2. My thermostat has recently been staying close to the "C" while running. Even on a 2 hour drive. How hard is one of these to replace and where can I get one for the best price?

3. Is there a mod for the stock intake for better flow? Or should I buy an aftermarket intake?

Thanks in advance
1. sounds like the blend door for the feed. There are three of them. Try to figure out which one. Do some looking around in the forum for these.

2. Way too close? Mine is off center towards the C but not more than 1/8 the way. Figure out what's wrong before just throwing parts at it, it gets expensive fast.

3. If anything, get a tuner. "Cold Air" intakes for these cars don't help much without a tune. They mostly make noise.

2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package Vista Blue with a 5-speed (Michele)
Go: BBK 70mm throttle body, BBK CAI, single custom exhaust (maxflow muffler) with polished 4" tip, SCT Tuner w/ 91 RT, SR TB Spacer, Custom made cold air bucket, Spec Stage II Clutch and SF66A Flywheel
Show: White rocker stripes, Kaenen Mach 1 Style hood, painted underhood parts/covers, Muffler tip, white stripes after heat reduction ports.
Own but not insalled- Polished Shorty Headers
Future-looking for 2007-08 F150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page