Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmy View Post
I went with the CAI and Tune,along with true duals with gt mufflers,the H pipe hooked up to JBA shorty headers. The process took awhile but worth the wait. The combo is perfect for me and the TUNE..oh the Tune. Like so many say...instant response is worth it..and getting some rubber with the auomatic aint bad either.
Hey mrjimmy what kind of tires do you use? I would like the best tires for performance but my stang is an all year driver and I live in New England so you can see where I'm coming from with this.

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

V6 Member
S197 Member

Hmm, interesting A7X1031. I am wanting the C&L CAI/tuner package, but its pretty pricey. I read somewhere that the Diablosport comes with files for lots of CAIs. I could go with a tuner and wait on the CAI for later. Anyone else done this? Just wondering how much of a difference the CAI makes or if its mostly all in the tune that makes the big difference?

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dman39531
Thanks for the input.....it looks like I'll be saving my pennies to get a tuner in the future. Right now, I have enough to get the CAI. Does anyone have any suggestions who to go with? I'd prefer to go with a dry filter, but that's not a deal breaker. I was almost convinced to go with K&N, but then I saw some systems that were substantially less expensive. Is this one of those deals where you 'get what you pay for'?

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

tires

well I have to admit they are the stock 17' tires that came with the car. I have the Pony package and whatever tires were on it are still there. I should know...but I dont. I would have to toddle off to the garage to see. Check with you later on that.

They have 13K miles on em and when the time comes for change I will probably get similarly rated ones
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine07 View Post
Hmm, interesting A7X1031. I am wanting the C&L CAI/tuner package, but its pretty pricey. I read somewhere that the Diablosport comes with files for lots of CAIs. I could go with a tuner and wait on the CAI for later. Anyone else done this? Just wondering how much of a difference the CAI makes or if its mostly all in the tune that makes the big difference?
Yes you can use the stock airbox with a tune and get the CAI later. Thats exctly what I'm doing in fact. I'm planning on getting a custom tune when I get a high end CAI and I'm most likely going to end the modding there. Everything else is too technical/expensive for me. Diablo sports predator comes with 3 stock tunes...93 octane, 91 octane, and 87 octane. I use the 93 for best stock gains. Its the third best investment right after my exhaust and the car itself hehe. Any questions feel free to PM me I'd be happy to answer them. I was in your position about a month ago. Its as simple to use as the people on this site say it is. I'm awful when it comes to do it youself stuff but you get walked through the process so well by the tuner itself. I was surprised b/c most people on this site work on cars all the time where as I don't and it was VERY user friendly. Couldn't be happier took 5 minutes.

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page