C&L, JLT, MAC Intakes; Whats the difference? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

C&L, JLT, MAC Intakes; Whats the difference?

I'm nearing the time when I will buy my intake/tuner combo and i'm trying to make my decision; C&L, JLT, or Mac. Will there be a huge difference between the three? I heard C&L was the best so thats what i've been planning to buy but is it really worth the extra money?

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I dont know the difference either.I just installed the Steeda CAI and SCT tuner with the 91 tune,,,there is also an 87 octane tune avail. I believe some dealers do more precise dyno testing and have some perks available from them. My Steeda set up works terrific. I imagine whichever "kit" you get you wont be dissappointed

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm looking to do the same thing. What does c&l, JLT, and mac stand for. Trying to learn and get some sense on this stuff.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

C&L, JLT, and Mac are the brand names for the intakes.

The C&L intake with X-Cal2 tuner go for $599 at brenspeed.com.
The JLT intake with X-Cal2 tuner go for $549 at bamachips.com.
The Mac intake with X-Cal2 tuner go for $525 at brenspeed.com.

I was just wondering if there's really a noticeable difference between the three intakes. Reason I ask is because I see no point in spending $75 more for the C&L if the Mac will deliver the same results. Hopefully someone can provide dyno sheets or has personal experience with 2 or all of the three and can help shed some light. I've always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" but of course, there are always exceptions.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I purchased just a CAI that didnt require a tune. The product was ok,not the best quality but ok. Then I purchased a Steeda Kit with the SCT tuner. Better quality. Stainless Steel airbox,nice filter and MAF attaching point. As you go shopping,some companies use the original air tube others use aluminum tubes etc. That is where some of the price difference is. Some just look more cool than others.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007
V6 Member
S197 Member

What I saw on ebay for 68.+ shipping, they had colors that would match your car. Would not last or very cheap.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007
V6 Member
S197 Member

A quick heads up, RPMOutlet.com has the C&L with your choice of the SCT or Diablosport tuner for $499. Saves $100. I'm considering it myself.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Be careful with RPMOutlet, they have a notoriously BAD reputation around these parts. Lots of lost orders and such.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I would check out Steeda,might be a bit more but their service is great. My CAI and SCT tuner work great. IMHO
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYEXPRS View Post
What I saw on ebay for 68.+ shipping, they had colors that would match your car. Would not last or very cheap.
Yeah, I'd avoid that one.

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
I'm nearing the time when I will buy my intake/tuner combo and i'm trying to make my decision; C&L, JLT, or Mac. Will there be a huge difference between the three? I heard C&L was the best so thats what i've been planning to buy but is it really worth the extra money?
What your paying for is the material and design time that some of these company's have spent getting these CAI perfectly matched to the new mustang. I would much rather get a C.A.I system that has been proven than one thats not. Think about it... check out any of these guys on the forum that knows anything and read their signature. Then you will soon see what the best CAI systems that are out there. Hope that help's you and Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page