2005 Mustang V6: Rear speaker advice - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

2005 Mustang V6: Rear speaker advice

I just installed some new Alpine speakers in my rear deck today. Just wanted to let anyone who might do this know: make sure you have a #20 torx bit, preferrably in the form of an allen wrench. I had the bit, but there is no room to use a screwdriver in that location since it is right at the base of the rear window. I had to secure the bit perpendicular in a cressent wrench and do it that way....yah, it sucked! There are two screws in the back of the speaker (near the window) and two up front (near the rear seats). The ones near the rear seat I had enough room to use my ratchet wrench so that went quick. But I was baking in the hot sun smushed against the rear window trying to get the back screws out and then back in with the new speakers. Just trying to save some of you the same trouble. GET THE ALLEN WRENCH #20 TORX!

Last edited by zenflow; 06-01-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: mistyped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

thanks for the heads up....was plannin on replacing them in near future

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Greenville?

Wow, small world. I lived in Greenville back in the day when the prison was being built. Dad was a construction contractor for the FBOP. I know there are plenty of roads around there to let the stang run.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

zen, you shoulda asked me, I replaced my speakers like 4 months ago. Sucks being smashed between the window and rear deck huh? Out of curiousity, what speakers did you choose? I used Alpine Type-S 57C2 5x7/6x8 speakers. Crisp clarity, very smooth mid-range, and you gotta love those center-mounted swiveling tweeters! I've got them in the front doors too, if you need a diagram on how to replace the front door speakers let me know and i'll post it. You have to damn near take the whole door apart to get at them!

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Speakers

Yup, I got the exact same ones from crutchfield. I was wondering if they would work in the doors or not. For some reason when you narrow them down by car model and then select front door speakers, the alpines are not listed there (just in the rear deck section). I don't know why they wouldn't be there. The front and rear are the same size afterall. I'm glad you let me know about that. I'll go ahead and get a second set now for the front. Crutchfield sent instructions with my rear speakers on how to replace the door speakers as well. Not looking forward to that! You are right though, the speakers are great!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

They sound awesome in the doors too, just make sure you aim the tweeters BEFORE you put the door back together. There's no adjusting with the door put together.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Zen,

Too bad the wife didn't snap a photo of you smashed up against the window.

Would've made a funny avatar!

LOL

SOHC

PS: Haven't looked at the bolts yet, but could you replace with machine bolts and nuts? Would suck to go through that again when you blow a speaker.

President: Roamin' Ponies Mustang Club
Club Website:
2006 Vista Blue Mustang V6 Automatic w/3.31 gears
Current mileage: 175,000 miles
Pypes True Duals with "X" pipe & Street Pro Mufflers
GT Rear Bumper & Pony Spinners
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

They are screws

No, they are screws. I guess I could replace them with allen screws since I already have allen wrenches though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page