Odd noise after incident - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Odd noise after incident

If you haven't seen my thread in the talk forum I hydroplaned Friday night and ran off the road about 25 feet Odd noise after incident-imageuploadedbyag-free1422308598.538993.jpg
Luckily for me no damage appears to be done to the car or so I thought. Today after driving I noticed a slight bouncing/ bumping type noise coming from the rear of the car. I have new shocks and new LCA's so I don't think that would be the issue. But the noise itself is very difficult to explain. It's not really a loud popping more of a low bounce thud type noise. It occurs at low speeds on uneven surfaces and sometimes when hitting bumps. Could the springs have been shifted out of place or something similar? I have no clue what could be wrong because everything appeared okay after the accident.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Tightened my rear upper shock bolt and hopefully that solves the issue, if not I am stumped, it sounds like a rubber thump.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Looks like that slide wasn't all mud. That's a lot of pressure hitting your suspension from the side. I'd be under there checking ALL the rear suspension components. Look for anything bent, recheck torque specs especially on new parts.

I'd also check the trunk to see if anything came loose like spare tire, jack, ext. lol. Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I was thinking the same, I got on the crawler and looked under the car and everything appeared alright. I'll tighten all bolts to spec tomorrow to see if anything came loose. My friends Grand Prix has the same rear end noise and I'm really curious what it is. It is obviously from the accident as it didn't happen before so hopefully it's just some loose bolts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page