06-14 sway bar interchangeability - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

06-14 sway bar interchangeability

Hello,
This is my first post & I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I found on Craig's List GT sway bars off a 2014 with less than a hundred miles for 99 bucks! My question is- will these fit on my 06 Pony Package Mustang? I have called everywhere & their answers are no idea. I even called ford parts & they didn't know! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks & great forum!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015
GT Member

Well

Ok did the Sway Bar come off a 2014V6??

T Wayne

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

No, off a GT. Not only am I trying to see if they will fit, but also need to find out the 06,s sway bar diameters as well as the !4,s. Even if they fit I would like to know if its worthwhile! Thanks!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015
Apprentice

The size of your swaybars is 31.5mm front and 18mm for the rear.. the size of gt swaybars 05-09 are 34mm front and 20 mm rear..As for the size of the 14s not sure but if u used the ones from a gt i don't think you would notice a big difference... i just bought a pair of gt 05-09 swaybars from Newtakeoff.com for 89.00 ..but i have a 09 base stang with no rear bar and a smaller front sway bar.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I am 99% sure they will fit. IIRC the stock GT and V6 rear sway bars are the same. the fronts are same diameter but GT has thicker steel than V6 cars. Depending on how you drive your car, I don't think your going to notice much difference for DD. I just swapped my stock GT sway bars front and back for FRPP/GT500 ones and the GT500 front bar is same diameter only thicker metal (might be wrong on that) and FRPP rear bar is 2mm larger. I purchased new poly bushings for the front and back. its entirely up to you as I went thru the same dilemma. if you want em, im sure you can get them for 50$ if you try. good luck

Lots of bolt on goodies...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Smile

I want to thank you guys for your feedback. Its interesting to find out that the diameter of the bars is very similar, but the possibility of thicker steel would possibly make a substantial improvement! I think I'm going to pass on the 14s & look for 05-09 GTs & poly bushings. Great forum! Have a good night!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
if you want to go the cheap route and make your front sway bar more stiff then just drill another 1/2" hole about 1" back from stock location.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Talking

Hello,
Actually I'm a happy guy! I guess I jumped the gun yesterday on my post for I just measured my sway bars & found the front one to be 34mm & rear 20mm! GT bars! I guess I'm gonna look into rear shocks now. Any recommendations for good performance ones? I've still got the originals with 82k.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
americanmuscle.com look for the koni ST-R shocks/struts

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Thanks, I'll scope that out! Gotta spend money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page