supercharger/exhaust for 07 v6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

supercharger/exhaust for 07 v6

I've been trying to do some research on what will better suit my car. I know for sure that I want to supercharge my 07 v6 but with doing my dual exhaust should I get long tube or shorty headers. Which would better my power output?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015
PONY Member

Undoubtably the long tube headers will be a better power addition. However I have never seen an actual dyno sheet from long tubes on the V6 and can only go on what people have said, the genera consensus is that shorty headers are a waste and the few who do have long tubes say they help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I've heard things back and forth that long tube headers will up my power and torque for sure but if I supercharge my car the long tube will impede my power whereas the shorties will increase power after the supercharger install

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015
PONY Member

I can't tell you for sure but just my assumption is that the long tubes shouldn't impede power for a supercharged car, they are longer and allow the air to get out faster where the shorties will restrict air and with a supercharger if you are in boost more you need that air out faster. Not sure if that's correct but that would be my guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015
PONY Member

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015
Rookie

Take into consideration that my response is solely based on personal knowledge, not any technical or dyno info at all. Long tube headers will be your best bet when supercharging your Stang, shorty or equal length headers are more commonly used in turbocharged engines. The longer tubes, as mustang lover said, allow the exhaust gases to escape the engine quicker, and also build extra boost in the headers themselves. You will notice a difference in your drive with just long tubes before you even slap on that awesome super.

Hope that helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page