Stalling at Idle issues/ Gas Gauge Issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Stalling at Idle issues/ Gas Gauge Issue

I have a 2006 4.0 , and started having issues a couple weeks ago where the vehicle would start to stall while at idle, and if I am able to stop it, I have a delay when I try to accelerate. I have had the full pump, lines and some wiring replaced on it. But I hate to take it back and get more fixed without a little more knowledge of the issue. If anyone has had this issue or seen it before, any help would be great!

Also, my gas gauge misreads under half a tank. If I rapidly accelerate or turn a corner, it reduces the gauge and the Fuel to Empty to close to 0 . If anyone knows of that issue too, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Did you have these issues before the fuel pump was replaced?

As for the fuel gauge, the float arm may be disconnected and flopping around. Who did the work? If it is a garage, bring it back and tell them to fix it.

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah , that is the reason I had the stuff replaced, cause that's what they claimed was the issue. I'm taking it back tomorrow.

Is that a difficult fix for the float arm ?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015
PONY Member

Garage
They basically have to go through an entire install process since you have to get back in there and remove the fuel pump. It is not that bad since it can be accessed under the rear seat, but still some work. Show them the issues you see and hopefully they will stand behind their work.

If you are still having stalling issues, they need to figure out what it is besides the fuel pump.

1. Check your in-line filter (obvious).
2. Check that you are getting fuel delivery and pressure.
3. Make sure your Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor in working properly.

Are you getting any trouble codes?

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

So they changed out the sending unit, the floats (all of them cause apparently there are a couple of em) and the fuel pump module or something. It seemed to be running find till after a 2 hour drive it started to sputter while accelerating from a stop in first and second, but once I was in third it was good. It's not stalling out anymore (yet) so just wondering now what that could be the cause of. And the fuel gauge is still acting up under half a tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page