Car dash flashing and bell dinging when car is off - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Car dash flashing and bell dinging when car is off

So i was going to do my driving test and my car failed me at the inspection.
What was happening was when the car is off i have this blue led on top of my dash that flashes and when i open my door my hazards start to flash and the bell dings in sequences of 2 like dingding.........dingding... and as its dinging my dash lights go from green to white the only way i was able to make the hazards stop flashing was to turn my headlights on while the car is powered on.
has anyone else had this problem and if so what have you done to remedy it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm installed and it seems to be arming itself so when you open the door it triggers the park lights which in turn flash the dash lights, green-lights on, white-lights off. do you have a factory ford keyless remote or something different? the bell dinging is reminding you to turn the lights off.

Lots of bolt on goodies...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I know the dinging is telling me about the lights but the problem is i dont have the lights on ive looked around and it seems like it may be a sjb getting wet and i have the stock alarm system in my car but when the dinging goes off its sequential in groups of 2 as well as the lights on the dash flashing normally it just dings in sequence of one every half second this situation its 2 every 1 second

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
the blue led on your dash is not stock. its an aftermarket alarm that's installed. it may not be a full alarm but something is installed. I know you have your lights off. the alarm is going off and blinking the park lights, that's why your hearing the ding, ding with the car off. the car thinks you left the lights on. when the lights are on the car dings, lights off it stops etc. a horn or siren should be going off but may have been removed. look under the dash for a box and odd wiring, youll know it when you see it. also look for a hood pin/switch in the engine bay.

Lots of bolt on goodies...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl817 View Post
the blue led on your dash is not stock. its an aftermarket alarm that's installed. it may not be a full alarm but something is installed. I know you have your lights off. the alarm is going off and blinking the park lights, that's why your hearing the ding, ding with the car off. the car thinks you left the lights on. when the lights are on the car dings, lights off it stops etc. a horn or siren should be going off but may have been removed. look under the dash for a box and odd wiring, youll know it when you see it. also look for a hood pin/switch in the engine bay.
Thanks! I found a python 702 alarm box under my dash and disconnected it from the wires and everythings working fine now.
Now i just have to get rid of the other wires and package it up and maybe sell it to someone who needs one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page