06 V6 Smart Junction Box backorder - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

06 V6 Smart Junction Box backorder

So I got the typical warnings on the dash, DTE FLI data error, antilock brake lights, parking brake light on, low oil pressure, etc... I searched this forum and found threads about corrosion on the Smart Junction Box Connectors (SJB) and sure enough corrosion all over the place and the typical wet carpet. I cleaned up the connections with vinegar and was able to bring the car back to life. But a day later the same issues came back. I removed the SJB to clean it separately and noticed a couple of the small pins corroded off. Searching the internet it looks like the corrosion issue is a pretty common issue and used SJB are not that easily available. Got a price on a new one from our local dealer for $350 and said it would need to be programmed. Only problem is the are on back order until 12/31 and he mentioned there are over 200 on back order already! Seems Ford has a design issue but odds are they won't do a thing about it. The car is my daily driver so not sure what to do. Buy a used one on Ebay? Does anyone repair these? What I did find out the only difference between the SJB for and 06 is a coupe or convertible.

Anyone else have this issue? What did you do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kyle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015
Apprentice

I didn't have the same problem with water but I have used sjb from salvage yards with some success. Trick is to get one with the same option content you have. I was looking for one piece of the missing puzzle to get fog lights to work in my car and it worked. I did have to go back and get the overhead console light because the security light would come on. It was looking for the intrusion sensor because my car didn't have it.
There was some traces of green oxidation where the connectors go on my old sjb but it didn't give me any gremlin issues. I sprayed the connectors with wd 40 let it sit for awhile then blew them out with compressed air.
Now back to your issue. I would be concerned with the condition of the terminals in the connectors. Because you say the pins corrroded off. That tells me the terminals aren't in good shape either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page