Won't start with Bama 91 Race Tune - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beechkid

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Won't start with Bama 91 Race Tune

I've been running Bama's 91 race tune (w/BBK CAI) for the last month and have had issues starting.
When turn the ignition my car would click and the power intermittently cuts in/out, but would eventually start.
I usually keep my odometer on the trip odometer, but whenever I start it reverts back to the total mileage odometer.
This didn't bug me much, as I would just switch it back to the trip odometer.

This past week I noticed that my fuel gauge was acting a little erratic, so I decided to revert back to stock and try re-uploading the 91R tune. After reverting back to stock, I couldn't get it to start.

I checked my battery level and noticed that it was low so I replaced the battery.
Tried starting again, no dice.
Uploaded the 91R tune thinking it would somehow resolve the issue, still no dice.
I ran the 87 street tune for a month prior w/o issues. 91R has me all messed up.

I ran the 87 street tune for a month w/no issues. 91R has me all messed up.

I'm giving Bama a call tomorrow, but in the meantime has anyone had this similar issue?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Camo Green 2007 V6 Mustang M/T
BBK CAI, Bama 91 Race Tune
LSD w/3.73 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

*Update*

Got off the phone with Bama and they told me to check the car, because the tune is relatively simple and should not cause any issues.

Here's a video of my trying to start it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Las Vegas, Nevada
LSD w/3.73 gears
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016
PONY Member

Garage
Just when i think I may try a tune, I see a thread like this and think, yeah, stock is just fine and fast enough for me.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016
BOSS Member

Ok, so much for tech support....an easy way to ID the culprit is to put it back to oem tune, if it's gone, time for BAMA to actually step up to the plate.....sorry I just re-read your post......

Time to check for codes and a corrupt software download could have easily caused these issue....but it should be checked to ensure there are no other issues.
kraffinan likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC06 View Post
Just when i think I may try a tune, I see a thread like this and think, yeah, stock is just fine and fast enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
Ok, so much for tech support....an easy way to ID the culprit is to put it back to oem tune, if it's gone, time for BAMA to actually step up to the plate.....sorry I just re-read your post......

Time to check for codes and a corrupt software download could have easily caused these issue....but it should be checked to ensure there are no other issues.
The guy I talked to seemed like he didn't really want to help me solve my problem. I disconnected the battery and returned it to stock, but it's still giving me the same trouble. Nevertheless I'll give them benefit of the doubt and take it to the shop tomorrow. Will update this post. Thanks for responding.

Las Vegas, Nevada
LSD w/3.73 gears
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ended up fixing the problem on my own.

1) Disconnected positive and negative battery terminals.
2) Touched the cables together, not the battery posts!
3) Left the battery disconnected for an hour.
4) Connected the battery.

Viola, car started!
I read somewhere that touching the two terminal ends together discharges any current left in the car's capacitors, including the ones in the ECU.

Hope this can help someone else in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
LSD w/3.73 gears
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Won't start with Bama 91 Race Tune

Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page