2007 brakes not releasing - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

2007 brakes not releasing

My daughter has a 2007 mustang convertible V6. I replaced the rear calipers rotors and pads. I also replaced the power booster, front calipers rotors and pads. The problem she is having is after driving for a while the brakes do not release and all four wheels get very hot. the only thing I haven't replaced is the master cylinder. We brought it to a repair shop and they don't know what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016
PONY Member

What was the original issue with the brakes? Why change all for rotors and calipers? I ask because I'm leaning towards the master cylinder being the culprit, but a little more info would be nice before I tell you to jump in and spend more money. How do the brakes feel cold? nice solid peddle?, mushy?. Do you have to be careful when you step on them, do they lock up? Do you have ABS?

Answer a few of these and I think you'll start seeing your problem. If not me, and others I'm sure, would be willing to help.

2005 V6 Convertible
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

When the car is cold. the brakes work correctly, but the longer you drive it the worse it gets. It does have ABS. I started by replacing the front rotors and pads. My daughter told me too late about the brakes making noise. Then about a month latter the rear calipers and rotors because they did not function, frozen. I replaced the booster because it had a vacuum leak. After I replaced the booster, that's when the brakes started not releasing. It appeared to be just the front that would not release. I talked to several people and the majority said the front calipers. After I did the front calipers I also checked to make sure the master cylinder was installed correctly.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016
PONY Member

Good info. Let me think about it a bit...

2005 V6 Convertible
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the message. I will try what you suggested. However I have to wait for my daughter to bring the car to my house. As soon as she does I will let you know. Thank you for all your input.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Craeshe
Did you make sure to line up the little notch on the back of the pads? I had the same issue after a pad change, i did not buy the little circle tool to turn the caliper to the right spot and let the notch in.

Here is my original post:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...d-caliper.html

Gotcha catch them all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page