Thinking About Ditching Trackey Tune - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
This was my experience on the STC4 I got from Steeda. I called STC & Bama besides Steeda and was told I have to have Ford flash my ECU to stock (remove TK) before I could reflash with the tuner. I returned the SCT4 to Steeda & paid their restocking fee. ugh
Weird. When we installed my supercharger, my car had the TracKey tune on it. All we did was plug the SCT4 in, save the factory tune, then write the ProCharger tune to the ECU.

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'm really thinking about just buying a tuner and giving it a shot. Now I'm just trying to figure out who's tune to try - I think I've narrowed it down to VMP or Steeda. I've read good things about both, but VMP does a datalog review (which sounds assuring, but is it worth it?)

I've read a lot of great things about Shaun at AED, but cannot see spending $650 right now on a tune for a stock car. However, I could see getting a AED tune later on when I get around to doing long tubes.

'14 Grabber Blue GT - Base 300A, Track Pack, Recaro seats - Mods: SCT X4, BBK long tubes and X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, MGW shifter, BMR LCAs and UCA w/ mount
'93 Reef Blue LX 5.0 - 5-speed, black interior, factory A/C delete - GT40P Top End, 5-Lug/4-Wheel Disc - SOLD
GT Member

Stock cars and canned tunes are 99% fine and anyone out there will help you if it isn't. You'll definitely like it better. Don't expect the world since the the car isn't forced induction though. A tune is mainly a fun driveability thing. It particularly benefits the 11-12 cars bc the stock tune really sucks and you have skip shift on the MT cars.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Stock cars and canned tunes are 99% fine and anyone out there will help you if it isn't. You'll definitely like it better. Don't expect the world since the the car isn't forced induction though. A tune is mainly a fun driveability thing. It particularly benefits the 11-12 cars bc the stock tune really sucks and you have skip shift on the MT cars.
Well said. I haven't been expecting a huge difference, I'm just ready for a change and want something I can do more mods with. BTW, did you like your VMP tune?

'14 Grabber Blue GT - Base 300A, Track Pack, Recaro seats - Mods: SCT X4, BBK long tubes and X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, MGW shifter, BMR LCAs and UCA w/ mount
'93 Reef Blue LX 5.0 - 5-speed, black interior, factory A/C delete - GT40P Top End, 5-Lug/4-Wheel Disc - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page