air bag recall - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Update: Got the recall done today. Never got a letter or anything saying parts were available but had my service advisor check and we had a few in stock. If anyone near Philadelphia is waiting to get it done check Chapman Ford in philly.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Just got my notice today! Not a letter but a yellow stiff paper flyer type thing. I have a 2014 g t. Are they replacing both driver and passenger?

GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I got my drivers side done about 10 months ago,as of last week, still NO passanger side bags yet,and no info on when they will get any. And I live in S/W Florida.

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan01 View Post
Just got my notice today! Not a letter but a yellow stiff paper flyer type thing. I have a 2014 g t. Are they replacing both driver and passenger?
Just the drivers side on the 13/14 models.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Just the drivers side on the 13/14 models.
That's good seein' as how that's where I send a majority of my time as I'm driving....

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT
(traded my 2014 GT Premium automatic on 19 August 2017)
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
Called yesterday. My car is getting the bag replaced today. Anyone in DFW who wants theirs done call McDavid ford and make an appointment. They have more on hand.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
GT Member

I just got a yellow flier in the mail yesterday telling me to call my dealer and have the warranty work done. I should have taken a photo of it. I will do that tonight if anybody is interested in seeing what it says.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
Last summer I received a letter from Ford stating that the driver side air bag repair parts would be available 2016 qtr4 and that I would be notified as to when I could arrange for the repair. I've heard nothing since. Today I called the dealer and asked about this. He took my VIN and stated that the parts are in stock. So now I get the fix this coming Thursday! But I wonder why I was never notified......
I live in West Florida and still haven't been notified... Will call/visit them today.

2007 Mustang 4.0l V6 Manual
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocKing View Post
I live in West Florida and still haven't been notified... Will call/visit them today.
Ford kinda messed up logistically. Many dealers got drop shipments of replacement air bags with no connection of which customers were to get them. I know my dealer recieved a large shipment and if the customer contacted them they were more than glad to install them. They don't want them sitting around taking up space.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
I just got a yellow flier in the mail yesterday telling me to call my dealer and have the warranty work done. I should have taken a photo of it. I will do that tonight if anybody is interested in seeing what it says.

I got the yellow flyer yesterday. Called the dealer today to schedule an appointment per the instructions and was told I needed to bring the car in so they could "see" the VIN# then they would order it and get back to me! The number is on the flyer and they have it in their service records! They are not making sense or making this easy. Could just be this dealer but it is where I bought the car and have spent much $ on service.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Just got my car back from the recall being fixed. Now I have 2 curbed rims.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Got my 1st one installed yesterday. It took about 40 min. I have to wait until next week for the 2nd car.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu13gt View Post
Just got my car back from the recall being fixed. Now I have 2 curbed rims.
They screwed up your rims? Are they going to confess to the damage and take care of it? Most of the time I stay with my vehicle to avoid having somebody joy riding in my car. However, the dealer knows me and I always request the same technician and he would never do such a thing. Heck I believe his focus is faster than my mustang in the quarter mile.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
They are going to strip and re powder coat them. I've had consistent issues with this dealer and thought they had the issues fixed. But this was the last straw. I'll be driving 20 miles to another dealer after getting the rims fixed rather than using the one 2 min form my house. Sux but it is what it is.

Problem is I don't trust them not to trash my car in some other way while fixing the wheels.
Oh the wheels I just got this summer because they dinged up my brembo wheels and I'm absolutely anal about my car. Between 500-1000 miles on the wheels.

Stock 2016 EB
2014 Smart for Two.
GT Member

Glad they are going to repair your rims. Hopefully all goes well with that.

Here is a photo of the yellow flyer if anybody is interested.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recall Service Notice.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	782.6 KB
ID:	550978  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page