• 3 Post By noldevin
  • 1 Post By B Dot
  • 2 Post By candersen
  • 2 Post By candersen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Extended Warranty

I know this is last minute, but just bought a house so alot of things got pushed aside.

My mileage is no way near the 36k, but my 3 years isalmost up 24 Jan, I need to start looking for extending my warranty. Anyone hear have any luck with this?

Should I buy a Ford warranty, I keep getting flyers fromthem? What should I expect to get?

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017
PONY Member

Garage
You should expect to get ripped off. Just set the money aside in case something happens. You still have the powertrain covered up to 5 years.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Really?!?

I have always been skeptical on warranties, but when I bought the additional warranty for my Subaru, I made out well.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this. Thank you!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
Really?!?

I have always been skeptical on warranties, but when I bought the additional warranty for my Subaru, I made out well.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this. Thank you!
PM coming your way!

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017
Rookie

Quote:
I know this is last minute, but just bought a house so alot of things got pushed aside.

My mileage is no way near the 36k, but my 3 years isalmost up 24 Jan, I need to start looking for extending my warranty. Anyone hear have any luck with this?

Should I buy a Ford warranty, I keep getting flyers fromthem? What should I expect to get?
I work for a Ford dealer and I would 100% recommend if you're gonna buy one make sure it is a Ford warranty. I see alot of aftermarket warranties not covering the full repair or only some parts of a repair. I bought a 8yr 60k premium care warranty from my job (50 deduct, w Roadside) I have gotten my control arms replaced so far other then that no issues. But it could pay for itself in no time if your car has issues. If you don't have any claims though it might feel like a waste. If you want I can help you with prices.
Beechkid likes this.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017
PONY Member

Garage
An extended warranty is a good thing, as one big repair could cover the entire cost of the warranty. Of course the hope is to never need to use it, but like all insurance you buy it just in case. That being said, many aftermarket warranties are VERY difficult to get claims processed and force you to pay up front and wait for reimbursement (could take months) except at the dealer that sold the policy. And some are downright SCAMS! I have years of experience with them, so please listen. I would recommend getting the factory extended warranty - it covers more than aftermarket, it is good at EVERY dealer for the same deductible with no fuss / no muss, and if you have an issue, Ford is just a phone call away. HOWlEVER, some dealers mark up the cost significantly, so I would shop all the dealers in your area for the best deal - and let them know you're doing it! It will "encourage" them to give you the fairest price possible on it. And FYI, I do not work for Ford. But having worked in the industry and knowing people, I did research for my Mustang last year on prices. The dealer's "cost" was just under 2K and my "employee" cost would be $300 over. Prices may have changed in the last year, but it shouldn't be by much and should give you a starting point.
huberoy123 and Beechkid like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dot View Post
I work for a Ford dealer and I would 100% recommend if you're gonna buy one make sure it is a Ford warranty. I see alot of aftermarket warranties not covering the full repair or only some parts of a repair. I bought a 8yr 60k premium care warranty from my job (50 deduct, w Roadside) I have gotten my control arms replaced so far other then that no issues. But it could pay for itself in no time if your car has issues. If you don't have any claims though it might feel like a waste. If you want I can help you with prices.

Yeah I am looking at 60K 6 yr or 7 yr theire going btw 1400-1600

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I am looking at 60K 6 yr or 7 yr theire going btw 1400-1600
If it is the premium care warranty and you can get it for close to $1400 bucks its not a bad deal.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017
Apprentice

DO NOT BUY 'AFTERMARKET' WARRANTIES, chances are you will pay way more and will cover less. If you purchased a warranty from the dealer when you bought the car and is running out, if you feel better having the warranty then renew it with them. It is a 'double edge' sword when it comes to warranties, meaning you could as suggested, once the original one runs out, you could put that extra money aside each month, BUT...if 3 months from now a major repair needs to be done, that is the chance you take. My advice, if car repair could be a strain on your budget, then try to negotiate a renewed contract with the dealer. that would be the safest bet.

Good luck.
PONY Member

Garage
FYI just since no one has mentioned this yet. I am sure you all have gotten letters, etc, in the mail proclaiming that your warranty is expiring and you need to act right away to ensure continued vehicular warranty coverage. THESE ARE SCAMS. The federal government is trying to stop these, but so far I know I still get them regularly. If you look, YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR VIN # LISTED. Some of these A**hats don't even bother to research what brand of vehicle you own!! But they are hoping you will call them with credit card in hand to give them ALL the info they need to steal your money. A few will even "pretend" to be legit by sending you your "coverage" packet after you shell out the $1K +, but you will be in for a surprise the first time you attempt to use this "warranty" and find that every claim gets denied. I worked as a service advisor when this scam first appeared and I can tell you that I couldn't even get a water pump covered, and even that after 5+days attempting to contact anyone at the "warranty company". Most simply disappear after a few months...with your money.
5.0 Coyote and Beechkid like this.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If you decide to get it (I wouldn't I purchase insurance only for things I can't afford to replace/fix) the Ford one is available online for a wide range of prices. You do not need to get it from your dealer...the wtty is from Ford not any particular dealer. Remember if you have any mods the wtty may not cover related items.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page