14 gt p0100 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKer View Post
I hate to jump on this train, but their reputation is less than stellar...
Yeah I would go with someone like VMP or Lund...

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I heard back from Bama after they contacted SCT on this issue. The consensus was that there are a few pending codes you can get just by flashing the vehicle that will clear out after driving through a few cycles. This code is pending because the PCM detected a discrepancy with the voltage from the MAF sensor.

I cannot drive the car now because of all the snow everywhere so right now I can't test this theory. Anyone heard of this?

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yeah I have heard of codes that come up when there are changes, the need to get cleared by the mysterious "drive cycle" but have never seen it myself

I think many "tune problems" are actually caused by mismatches between what is actually on the car and what the tune is written for; so hopefully if that is all straight now it will be good
crjackson2134 likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I reloaded the car with the tune for the JLT intake which is the intake that is showing up with the p1101 code. I took it for a 6 mile round trip today in the snow and ice. I stopped and got gas then turned around and headed home. My Max speed was about 45 mph for a short distance. I got home and checked for codes and the codes were still present.

I just found an old steeda tune for my JLT. I will load it tomorrow to see if the Maf code pops up. I will update shortly after.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Loaded the Steeda tune for the JLT, still have p1101. Next I am going to try the steeda tune with the steeda cold air intake that I have.
PONY Member

Severe Problems with JLT Intake/Bama Tune *HELP* - Forums at Modded Mustangs

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I read the whole thread. Makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one with issues like this. I had a JLT many years ago for this car, didn't care for the fit and I returned it and just ran the stock air box for a couple of years. I got the bug and bought another JLT (I don't know why) and I have had issues since.

Today I loaded a revised bama tune specifically for my issues to use with the Steeda CAI. I had no maf code p1101. Just to recap, with the JLT cai and Bama tune, maf code p1101 pops up. With Revised bama tune for stock air box, there are no maf codes at all and the car actually sounds great with great throttle response. I may just run it that way.

Anyone have solid dyno numbers to compare CAI gains vs. stock air box gains? I know this is a rabbit whole topic but what the heck.
Apprentice

I've been feeling that the source of my occasionally fluctuating idle was a vacuum leak in the jlt v2 oil separator I have. Going to remove it this spring and see if the issue is solved. Probably should have done that first before getting a can of MAF cleaner.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I forked out the cash for a Lund tune. 1st tune they sent to me, fixed ALL ISSUES I was having.

I have no more high/low rpm lag, I have no more MAF codes. My shifts are powerful and quick now.

Thank you to all the guys at Lund for your time and effort when providing service to car enthusiasts everywhere!
GLOCKer likes this.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I forgot to mention that the way my car is currently set up--it is now giving me the most power that I have had since I've owned it.
GLOCKer likes this.
Apprentice

That's great news glad you resolved all your problems.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS 3:73 gears Roush Axle Backs Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket JLT oil separator passenger and driver side Chrome shift knob with Barton chrome boot retainer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page