14 gt p0100 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
14 gt p0100

I have the P0100 code. Bama tune, boss intake, LT's, high flow bbk x pipe. I've driven it like this for a while, but it stalls out at lights and hesitates at certain times.

A while back, a shop found that the wires coming off of the MAF wiring were chafing because my JLT intake was pushing those wires against something. They fixed those wires and I was good to go.

My car runs freakishly rich, fills my garage up with eye burning fumes and makes my smoke detectors in my house go off.

I've looked at the wires that the shop fixed, they have no signs of wear, they all look intact. I replaced the maf with a brand new one and still have the code. I have also changed out both 02 sensors at the same time.

the p0100 code is still present after all of this. I erase the code after each time I replace a part but the code comes right back. The closest tuner is a 6 hour drive so its not that easy.

Does anyone have experience with this issue that can shed some light? A diagram of this circuit would help me out the most.
Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Error Code P0100: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Malfunction. Error Code P0100 is described as a Mass Airflow (MAF) Circuit Malfunction, which basically refers to a problem in the electrical circuit between the MAF sensor and the PCM (powertrain control module, also known as ECM or electronic control module).

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
If I can find a diagram of the electrical circuit between the MAF sensor and the PCM, that would greatly help. I can not seem to find it anywhere. I am trying to understand what other components are on this circuit if any. Thanks

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

sorry I can't help with the wiring diagram . . .

but it is probably something simple like the connector; I think I saw some other post on here about some goofy problem with the MAF connector, like one of the wires comes out or something like that

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018
PONY Member

Get rid of the Bama tune.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Get rid of the Bama tune.
Why, do they go bad over time? I didn't realize that tunes had a limited shelf life, LOL . . .

But seriously -- did the code start when you got the Bama tune; or did it run fine with the tune for a while?

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018
PONY Member

Garage
My gut is also get rid of the tune. But chasing down any potential MAF issues before you do that seems to be the next logical step. If you chase it down the line and end up with the tune being the next thing to look at, consider data logging and sending info off to one of the reputable "remote tuners". I know it's not cheap, but it may get the car fixed if nothing else rectifies the problem before that.

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I had purchased a cheap autozone MAF and installed it with the same results. Today the C&L MAF came, I swapped out the Autozone MAF and the code was still there. I wanted to do that first in case the C&L MAF fixed the issue in order to know what the issue was. I returned the car to stock, fired it up and looked for the code and it was not present for the five minutes that it was running. I have a steeda tune for my car, I will load that up and see if the code comes back.

I have heard great things about the other mail order tunes. For me, I don't really like steeda tunes because of how the throttle is, not a big deal and not bashing them, just preference. I would be inclined to lean toward Lund tunes. What is the consensus out there?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
What's funny is that I can not say that one day the car started acting crazy. It happened over the course of a year or so.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50fury View Post
What's funny is that I can not say that one day the car started acting crazy. It happened over the course of a year or so.
Then it probably isn't the tune, because they don't change over time. It has to be something else, like a connection getting loose or a wire wearing out of a sensor getting dirty or something like that.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Why, do they go bad over time? I didn't realize that tunes had a limited shelf life, LOL . . .

But seriously -- did the code start when you got the Bama tune; or did it run fine with the tune for a while?

My car continually stalled with a Bama tune and a CAI, was fouling O2 sensors and generally had poor driveability problems that got worse over time. I would go with a better tuner from someone like Lund or AED then see what the data logs say. There is no one and I do mean no one that would recommend Bama with his mods. My car runs smoother now than it ever did stock with just a Bama tune.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

hmmmm, trying to think of how a tune-related issue could get worse over time . . . I guess if the tune was rich, then things could get fouled and that could build up and get worse over time; but I can't see how it could be fine after installing the tune, and then change later; unless something else is changing

datalogging sounds like a good idea regardless

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Update---
Been on the phone with Bama getting help.

I installed my factory airbox with factory MAF and with a revised tune from them, I had no MAF Codes pop up.

It was a step in the correct direction.

Called back, they sent out a revised tune for my JLT cai and I now have the P1101 code. They are out for the day, I will continue
moving forward tomorrow.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50fury View Post
Update---
Been on the phone with Bama getting help.

I installed my factory airbox with factory MAF and with a revised tune from them, I had no MAF Codes pop up.

It was a step in the correct direction.

Called back, they sent out a revised tune for my JLT cai and I now have the P1101 code. They are out for the day, I will continue
moving forward tomorrow.
As I said, dump Bama. If you do not believe me, do a search.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
As I said, dump Bama. If you do not believe me, do a search.
I hate to jump on this train, but their reputation is less than stellar...

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page