Aftermarket Headers and Midpipe for Boss 302 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By G.O. Stang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Aftermarket Headers and Midpipe for Boss 302

So I put the side pipes and OEM H-pipe off a Boss 302 onto my 2011 GT (yes its possible). My question is what companies sell long tube headers with a corresponding x/h pipe that will support the side pipes? I want to keep them as to why i bought them but also want LTH. The only company i know of that offers such a thing is Kooks and for the headers and mid pipe is right around 2 grand. Any others?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018
BOSS Member

Garage
https://www.lethalperformance.com/ko...e-headers.html

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
There arenít any that are particularly affordable. Like you, I also installed the Boss midpipe on my 2011. Gotta remember that the 2012-13 boss mustangs are ALOT less common than the 11-14 GTs. Therefore, supply and demand will apply. The difference in mid-pipes is literally just having the provisions for the side pipes welded onto them. Honestly, you might consider having flanges made and welded onto a GT midpipe by a muffler shop if you want to keep the side pipes. Will be cheaper in the long run. For me, I donít plan on installing long tubes as of right now so the stock Boss H-pipe is fine for me. We will see how it sounds with some cat-deletes I just picked up. Thereís no real gain in having the side pipes. Theyíre for noise and nothing else. Thatís why most Boss guys who swap exhaust just sell their sidepipes because if you go full exhaust, itís plenty loud.

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
GO:S550 Longblock, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, Boss 302 Exhaust Cams, Airiad CAI, Boss 302 H-Pipe and Side Pipes, Borla S-Type Axlebacks
SHOW:GT350 20Ē Wheels, California Special/Boss Rear Spoiler, LED Marker Lights, S550 Style Headlights with HIDs

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O. Stang View Post
There arenít any that are particularly affordable. Like you, I also installed the Boss midpipe on my 2011. Gotta remember that the 2012-13 boss mustangs are ALOT less common than the 11-14 GTs. Therefore, supply and demand will apply. The difference in mid-pipes is literally just having the provisions for the side pipes welded onto them. Honestly, you might consider having flanges made and welded onto a GT midpipe by a muffler shop if you want to keep the side pipes. Will be cheaper in the long run. For me, I donít plan on installing long tubes as of right now so the stock Boss H-pipe is fine for me. We will see how it sounds with some cat-deletes I just picked up. Thereís no real gain in having the side pipes. Theyíre for noise and nothing else. Thatís why most Boss guys who swap exhaust just sell their sidepipes because if you go full exhaust, itís plenty loud.

Heck taking out the restricter in the Boss 302 side pipes makes it more than loud enough. Just sold my Boss 302 and it had the restricter plates in the side pipes out and man it was loud when you laid into it. haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Heck taking out the restricter in the Boss 302 side pipes makes it more than loud enough. Just sold my Boss 302 and it had the restricter plates in the side pipes out and man it was loud when you laid into it. haha

See, Iíve never even owned the restricters. And I donít really find them all that loud really. But Iím also running a Borla axle back which is much more free flowing than the stock mufflers so less is coming out of those side pipes. They do sound nice though. Lol

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
GO:S550 Longblock, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, Boss 302 Exhaust Cams, Airiad CAI, Boss 302 H-Pipe and Side Pipes, Borla S-Type Axlebacks
SHOW:GT350 20Ē Wheels, California Special/Boss Rear Spoiler, LED Marker Lights, S550 Style Headlights with HIDs
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O. Stang View Post
See, Iíve never even owned the restricters. And I donít really find them all that loud really. But Iím also running a Borla axle back which is much more free flowing than the stock mufflers so less is coming out of those side pipes. They do sound nice though. Lol
Yeah I bought the car without the restricters in so I don't know the difference 100%, but I know mine was much louder than the others I heard pass by with the restricters I assume in. Did you buy yours used or new? If new how odd they didn't come with the restricters... I was running stock exhaust other than the restricters all the way out so I bet majority of exhaust came out my side pipes which made them LOUD! haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Yeah I bought the car without the restricters in so I don't know the difference 100%, but I know mine was much louder than the others I heard pass by with the restricters I assume in. Did you buy yours used or new? If new how odd they didn't come with the restricters... I was running stock exhaust other than the restricters all the way out so I bet majority of exhaust came out my side pipes which made them LOUD! haha

I bought mine used from a local guy who took them off his low mile Boss. He tracked the car a lot so he had removed the restricters and tossed them. Lol
MustangLife likes this.

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page