• 1 Post By Pred
  • 1 Post By Pred
  • 1 Post By 5LHO

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Post Spotting modifications

Can someone tell me what modification are on this car by just looking at the picture?
I want to buy this car online for my friend and I need to know what sort of modifications are on it.
For now I can see a boss 302 intake manifold with air intake tube. I have no idea about the throttle body. Also I see an oil catch can.
I know this is a long shot but also could someone see what exhaust is on?
Also what are those headlights?
Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	601570   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	601578   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (2).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	601586  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Background info: I had a 2011 mustag GT/CS, but someone crashed into me. So I am looking for a new car and I am interested in buying this.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I own a garage queen 2011 Mustang GT with 28,000 miles on the clock, and totally stock other than Pypes A/B and a Ford tune, if it was me,I would only look for an unmolested ( stock )Mustang, much less chance it was beat on, and you can mod it as or if you want.I see an SCT emblem on it, so does it have a tune? Just my $02.
5.0 Coyote

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Pred,

Sorry to hear about your old Mustang.

Mufflers look like GT500s (tips are not rolled).
Raxiom taillights (American Muscle sells these).
Headlights look like a set offered by American Muscle.
Wheels do not look stock to me but I could be wrong.
Grille is aftermarket.

Take a photo or two of the underside. Maybe it has some suspension mods (LCA's, sway bars, etc.). Maybe an x-pipe is lurking under there?

Any maintenance records? If a vehicle has mods but decent maintenance records then I would be less concerned that that horse was ridden hard and put away wet.

Another thing is that some people cannot help but modify their Mustang. The goal is to make it a little better than when it left the factory, to get some enjoyable wrench time in, and make the car more unique. It's a great hobby (addiction!) and plenty of modder's cars never see the track. So, don't fear a modded car, especially if you can get your hands on the previous owner's paperwork for the mods.

Just my $0.02.

Chris
huberoy123 likes this.

2012 GT 6MT - RTR #59; performance white / charcoal interior
3.73's, AED tune, MGW Race Spec shifter, Airaid MFT, BMR rear LCAs & relo brackets, Panhard rod & brace, FRPP swaybars, MRT a/c H-pipe, LP OTAs, FR GT500 Touring axlebacks, FRPP diff cover, JLT PCV p/s catchcan
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018
PONY Member

Garage
Based on the photos, it appears that you are purchasing the auto from an auction. I would be very careful about making the purchase. As
a previous poster said, the maintenance paperwork would be helpful. I've had very good success at auctions, but it's a gamble. Sometimes the vehicle may need no repairs, or only need minor repairs. Other times you may need major repairs. Just my opinion. Good luck.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
this is not an issue since I can repair this mustang with parts from my old crashed mustang.
I just want to know how much worth is this car
huberoy123 likes this.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
if you have cash in hand, I wouldn't pay over 11k at the auction. maybe lower if you can win the bid. its a decent car but needs some TLC. the stripes should come off and the god awful tail lights replaced. looks like a base model btw. good luck

Lots of bolt on goodies...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl817 View Post
if you have cash in hand, I wouldn't pay over 11k at the auction. maybe lower if you can win the bid. its a decent car but needs some TLC. the stripes should come off and the god awful tail lights replaced. looks like a base model btw. good luck
Yeah don't worry, I still have my crashed mustang's 2013 CS rear bumper and taillights. I am gonna transfer some parts from my old mustang to this if i buy it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
yeah it looks like it has long tube headers with xpipes. Anyway I am not afraid of those types of modifications. They are not heavy mod by any means
nyuk98gt likes this.

GT Member

Stock doesn't mean it wasn't modified. Lots of people modify, stock out and sell as low-mileage original. Modifications aren't necessarily a bad thing but they need to be done right and be to your taste or you'll end up undoing them.
nyuk98gt likes this.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Apprentice

Garage
Boss intake, Boss strut tower brace Steeda Cold air intake Oil catch can Possibly JLT

Hood struts instead of hood prop. Looks like a stock throttle body

This car appears to be 11-12 Gt, those headlights have to be an aftermarket set. I can't tell you anything about the exhaust from that pic.

With these mods, a tune is needed. Judging by the SCT badge, this thing should have a tune on it. If at all possible,start the car and listen to it idle from a cold start--does the idle surge and dip or stay nice and even.

Here is a long shot. take the code from the computer (under hood, passenger side front) It will read something like BLV4 Call most common tuners ask them if they can help you out. Most are great at helping because you could be a potential customer.

Cast/Camber plates usually do not show any signs above the strut inside the engine bay. A couple of exceptions would be Maximum motorsports and BBK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boss 302 , modifications , mustang , mustang gt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page