Qa1 52889 - Sway Bars - Any Good - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Qa1 52889 - Sway Bars - Any Good

Hi All

I am currently looking to update my sway bars on the my 2014 GT. I would like to keep to a budget of $400 for both front and rear. I came across QA1 52889 kit but cant find any reviews. Does anybody know anything about them. Are they any good?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018
Apprentice

You don't need to do that. I was in the same boat, getting alot of body roll, and I have Pedders coil overs. Was looking at all the various kits out there but after I looked under my car I realized the stock sway bars are pretty stout so I just switched all the bushings to polyurethane and it made a huge difference, I even upgraded the rear sway bar links with a DIY hack and the car is handles so flat now. Best of all it only cost me about $60.....I would definitely reccomend this before you spend 100s on new bars....here is the vid I did for the front

13 Race Red, SCT, Flowmaster, Res Del, K&N CAI, Hybrid 3, Pedders CO, 20" AMRs

Last edited by Autohaulers INC; 06-12-2018 at 10:45 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018
Apprentice

And here is the video for the rear

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Awesome video. If I was running stock springs I would try updating bushings as you suggest. Thanks for sharing
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
Awesome video. If I was running stock springs I would try updating bushings as you suggest. Thanks for sharing
I'm not running stock springs, I have the Pedders adjustable Coilovers, car is dropped about 2-3 inch but still had alot of body roll

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018
PONY Member

It's actually an anti-sway or anti roll bar. No one would put on a sway bar. lol
Just keep in mind that twist = (2 x torque x length) / (pi (3.14) x diameter4 x material modulus) when deciding what bar will work for you. Too stiff is bad because it will cause wheel lift on slow corners. Fewer tires on the ground causes sliding and understeer.
Also keep in mind that the stiffness of the mounting points is as great a factor as is the bar itself, also the shape of it makes a huge difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in