Help with better e/t and 60ft - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crjackson2134
  • 1 Post By ConfederateJoe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Help with better e/t and 60ft

Hey everyone I’m new here and I was needing some suggestion on mods to help with my 60ft and e/t. The best 60ft I’ve pulled is a 1.92 while spinning the entire time with drag radials, I’ve tried launching at 3,4,5k but I’ll hook for a sec and start spinning and have a little wheel hop. My best et is a 12.59 at 11mph.

2011 Mustang gt manual
Mods-
Air raid intake
85mm throttle body
BAMA 91 tune
Sr lowering springs
Mt street radials 275/60/15
3.73 gears
Msd 2 step
Off road h pipe and muffler delete

My shifts are all moderately fast but I just can’t seem to hook off the line, I am new to drag racing on a strip because i am used to the street. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Not an expert but here's my 2Ę

Better Tune - I'd go with LUND

Better LCA/UCA to help with wheel hop...

Prolly do better with Slicks, not a tire guru some other's here are and can chime in with a better recommendation

Muffler delete is doing nothing but giving you a loud car

PRATICE - But not on the street

CDN5.0 likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Get rid of the Radials ASAP, get some bias ply tires. Drag Radials with a stick car is a recipe for disaster, you're either going to break your spider gears or twist an axle tube, I know from experience lol. Radials don't absorb the shock that stick cars have, but bias plys are super soft and will help absorb that shock. It's better to spend $500 now on some bias plys rather than spending $500+ on a new rear end after twisting a tube. Not only that, the slicks will help get that 60' down.

That Bama tune is ****, I'd advise going to AED, Lund, VMP, or MPT(what I currently use). You should be trapping higher than 111 but that also depends on the elevation and Density Altitude. Also consider getting some rear lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets, that should eliminate the wheel hop.

Besides that, just practice. I'm used to the street too and the street is what I love, it was tough getting that 60' time down at the track, but seat time is critical. Also consider having your Axle tubes welded to the pumpkin for preventative measure against twisting an axle tube, because that situation really sucks ass.
CDN5.0 likes this.

INSTAGRAM --@allen_nightmare5oh
2014 5.0 6R80 - Mods - Bama Tune, Roush Axle Backs. - 1/4 Mile - 12.56 @ 116.8

2005 GT 5-spd - Mods - JLT 3 Intake, Bama 93 Tune, MAC Boomtubes. - 1/4 Mile - 13.28 @106 --- SOLD!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Okay thanks! I’m am racing at Rocky Mountain race week and just wanted radials for the drive but when I get back I’m gonna order some slicks and control arms and look into a new tuner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page