Question about 47lb injectors.. - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Grimbrand
  • 1 Post By Kaiyohtee5oh

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Question about 47lb injectors..

Going the E85 route, flex fuel tune. So my 47lb injectors arrived today, but my tuner has yet to email me the flex fuel tune. Is it ok to install them now and run 93 and drive around normally, or do I have to wait until he sends me the tune before installing and even turning the car on? This is my DD, otherwise I would install them now and just park it until the tune arrived.

2011 Sterling Silver "Smoke" GT. MBRP Catback Exhasut, CJ Manifold, VMP twin 67mm, PMAS CAI, 6spd, stock 3.73, 275s in da rear, tuned by AED, bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
If you change your injector size, your computer can't tell. It only knows "I'm supposed to squirt THIS LONG under THESE CONDITIONS".

Its sensors will read 'rich' or 'lean', if the tune's not right, so it can try to adjust a little - but you're getting another whammy because the higher alcohol content doesn't always read the same on O2 sensors.

So basically, changing your injectors without a tune means that your computer is going to be putting in a random amount of fuel, and then based on sensor readings, making random adjustments.

It might run. It might even be close! But personally, since you're looking at the possibility of suffering catastrophic engine damage if the fuel curve is enough out of whack, I think you'd be a lot smarter to wait for the tune. Not worth risking your DD because of impatience.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the info! I ended up waiting, patience isn't my strong suit.
Grimbrand likes this.

2011 Sterling Silver "Smoke" GT. MBRP Catback Exhasut, CJ Manifold, VMP twin 67mm, PMAS CAI, 6spd, stock 3.73, 275s in da rear, tuned by AED, bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page