Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mac The Knife
  • 2 Post By TheN00B

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Sloshing noises when defrost is on high

so i was driving home today and it was pouring down rain and 40 degrees F outside. I turn the defrost on to high and while driving through the parking lot, it sounds like there is no separation between me and the outside world. In the passenger footwell, and only the passenger side, with the defrost on high (only when its on high) I can hear all the puddles i go over and all the water outside. When i got home i parked in a covered area so no rain was hitting me and left the car running and stuck my head in the footwell and still hear the watery/slosh noise.

Anyone experience something similar? It might have to do with the way the air hoses are because I don't really have air blowing on my feet when i select air to be blown in the footwells

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018
PONY Member

Garage
If you're hearing the noise when the car is running but not moving, you probably have an air bubble in your cooling system and the gurgle is coming from the bubbles passing through your heater core.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis98146 View Post
If you're hearing the noise when the car is running but not moving, you probably have an air bubble in your cooling system and the gurgle is coming from the bubbles passing through your heater core.
So when its on but not moving I head a drip noise and a noise like water is hitting a hot surface (think when you're grilling and you spit on the lid and the spit evaporates, that noise)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018
PONY Member
2.3L Member

Sounds to me like the drain is plugged for the evaporator housing.
my89foxbody likes this.

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018
PONY Member

+1 on the plugged drain line water can accumulate in the heater/defroster housing

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
Turns out the problem (May not be all of it but i suspect most of it) was the front cowl drain plug was clogged. Just like on most s197s I took the piece between the hood and the windshield off and boo, full of water. So i cleaned that out well. I suspect the noise i heard was a drip going on the A/C pipes that are right under the plug so when i turned the water went over the plug and forced a couple drips out onto the hot pipes and that was the steam noise i heard. Making a video on it so check it out on my youtube www.youtube.com/c/Mototaco
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylensmanfl View Post
+1 on the plugged drain line water can accumulate in the heater/defroster housing
I believe the problem was the drain plug in front of the windshield. I cleaned it out and all the water drained (a couple inches) so hopefully that was it
5.0 Coyote and my89foxbody like this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
Ok this might be it. I cleared the drain plug from the front cowl but today as i started my car and began to back my car up i heard some bubbles/liquid move around. I park at a slight down angle and the car was cold, about 40 out, and i had my defrost on but not all the way. How would i go about checking the evaporator housing/ where is it located?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis98146 View Post
So i took care of a lot of the problem but no all of it. How do i go about checking this? Is it just like getting air bubbles out the cooling system where you leave the radiator cap off and run the car or is it different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page