• 2 Post By Dana W
  • 1 Post By Blazin72
  • 2 Post By LiveReckless010

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

ROUSH axleback unbalance notes

Hi members. Good day to all.

I would like to ask especially to those who have a roush axlebacks on their GTs. My 2014 mustang GT has a roush axleback installed. I started the engine using the newly installed remote starter. So I remote started the engine, and that was the first time i heard my car started from the outside, and while I’m at the back, i noticed that both sides has a different sounds coming out. I mean, the right side has a bubbly “blup blup” note, while the left side has the “deep bass” kinda thing note. Is this normal? Or both sides should sound equal? Does anybody from here has the same situation? Or is it just mine and perhaps due to a leak or something? Please guys i need your advice. Thanks in advance. God bless us all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Echos off the nearby houses? Cold start? After warm-up it will sound different.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
Echos off the nearby houses? Cold start? After warm-up it will sound different.

Hi. After the engine is fully warmed up. The other side sounds different from the other. And I am sure the car was in an open area and nothing is behind it when I noticed that.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The only way both sides are going to sound equal is if ALL the exhaust pipe pieces on both sides of the engine are of exactly the same diameter, exactly the same length, and bent all exactly the same way, and believe me, that ain't the case.

What's important is what the exhaust sounds like while Camaro's shrink in the rear view mirror.
dusman59 and crjackson2134 like this.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018
Rookie

Dont the coyote motors have a catalytic converter on one exhaust manifold and not the other? Even so I'm thinking the h pipe would help even the tone a little
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab63 View Post
Dont the coyote motors have a catalytic converter on one exhaust manifold and not the other?
No, they have a cat on both sides.
Scarab63 likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019
PONY Member

Garage
Mine both sound the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20160610-00288 (1).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	775.6 KB
ID:	608703  

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab63 View Post
Dont the coyote motors have a catalytic converter on one exhaust manifold and not the other? Even so I'm thinking the h pipe would help even the tone a little
I wouldnt be concerned about an "even note" between pipes unless the car was running terrible.

Does it start, drive, feel, perform right? If yes, then send it every chance you get. You'll soon realize you dont care that the notes are uneven, you'll just love that sound of 'Murican freedom screaming out your car's ass at WOT

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
There are different tones to cancel out each other to stop the drone. My Borla S-Type exhaust does the same thing and there is NO drone on the highway

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
The only mods to my exhaust are GT500 Axlebacks. They sound the same (from each pipe) hot or cold.

ROUSH exhausts are more aggressive and crackly to start with... Lots of blurbing and blubing in there too....

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
PONY Member

Garage
I think Borla are the best because of not having drone. The Roush do have drone at certain rpm I thing around 2000 not fully sure. Luckily I have a manual and can change gears to get rid of that unwelcoming noise. People with auto trainees and the Roush may have to deal with the drone a little more often.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bigredstang View Post
I think Borla are the best because of not having drone. The Roush do have drone at certain rpm I thing around 2000 not fully sure. Luckily I have a manual and can change gears to get rid of that unwelcoming noise. People with auto trainees and the Roush may have to deal with the drone a little more often.

Try straight piped like my setup.. lol ARH 1-7/8 X 3, O/R H-pipe, SLP LM muffler deletes.. let.. freedom... ring lmao

Thank God for 3.73 rear gears and 70mph speed limits, the drone eats your soul at 65mph, 70, its GONE

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bigredstang View Post
I have Roush axle backs and don't notice any drone at all, so not sure where that's coming from. My buddy has a 2014 too, and he says same thing when he gets in my car, that there's no drone. His drone like crazy (NSX I think), so he notices the lack of drone right away. The no drone is one of the reasons I went with Roush (I read a ton of reviews before purchasing, and no drone came up a lot in reviews). If you have drone, it's probably the result of some other modification you did. Roush are designed to work with stock cars.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page