Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Thereaper
  • 1 Post By Dalton2006GT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
"Service Advancetrac"

I recently had this message pop up on my cluster and it has not gone away. I was coming to a stop and going to turn, about mid turn this message popped up. The traction control light and the advanced trac control light is on as in they are both off. I don't know what could of caused it and it does not go off when the car is turned off then back on. I have tried turning traction control on and off, holding the button while pressing the brake pedal for 8 seconds and turning the car off then back on. I haven't tried unhooking the battery yet. If anyone knows what this could possibly be, I would like to know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 Lava Red GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018
BOSS Member

Garage
It could be a bad ABS wheel sensor.

5.0 Coyote and crjackson2134 like this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018
PONY Member

A wheel speed sensor is certainly possible, but a bad wheel speed sensor would also likely also trip the ABS light. About a year ago I was driving on a rural road and I must have hit a rock or a stick or some piece of debris. In any case the Advance Track and the ABS lights came on. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but it didn't clear the warnings. The car drove fine. The next day I took it to my local Ford dealer where I have a good relationship. One of their techs is a young guy with a love of performance [ he put a supercharger on his dad's 3 valve ] He put the code reader on for free and came up with a bad wheel speed sensor. After ordering one I went home to see just what was involved in changing it. There isn't much to it, but I discovered that the sensor wasn't the actual problem. The real problem was that whatever I had hit the day before had ripped the wires on either side of a quick disconnect connector inside the wheel well. This is a pretty well protected area so it's a bit surprising that road debris would hit anything here, but that had to be what happened. I cancelled the order for the wheel speed sensor and ordered the pigtail lead [ $10.00 ] instead. My friendly parts man had the other half of the connector in his old parts box and gave it to me free. I had to pull the wires through the trunk in order to have enough room to solder the old connector to the main wire loom. After that it was a simple job to reconnect everything. No more warning lights. Hope you problem is just as easy. Good luck and let us know what you find.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I get the "service advancetrack" message every now and then, it's been happening for years, haven't figured it out yet.

At first it only happened on the road track; seemed to be triggered by extremely hard cornering, even though I had the system turned full off at the time. I took it to the dealer and they had no clue what was going on. Lately it has done it a few times on the road; first this was when I hit some bumps in a corner and the car jumped a little; more recently it happened when I was just taking a normal corner.

On some of the road track oriented forums this is a known issue when running these cars on track; it can be cured with a race ABS module but that will trigger a light on the dash also.

I also read that it can be caused by the sensor wire coming into contact with the exhaust, melting the insulation, and causing a short. Maybe the wire moves a little on hard cornering and makes contact; that might explain it. I need to get under there and follow the wire to see if this might be happening, but haven't done it yet. That is the first thing I would suggest that you do.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Thanks everyone for the replies. I do not have a abs light, I have the traction control lights on and service advancetrac message. I inspected all my fuses and all the wheel speed sensors, and wires. All of them seem fine. I unhooked the battery and reconnected after 20 minutes and it didn't help either. Hopefully I can find what the issue is and if not, I'll have to take it to the dealer.

5.0 Coyote likes this.

2012 Lava Red GT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
A little update.

I read the code with my sct tuner and it said it didn't have any codes. So, I decided to clear the codes anyway and it seemed to fix my issue. I don't know if it was just a temporary fix or an actual fix. Hopefully it is an actual fix.

2012 Lava Red GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page