GT stalling at idle in stop go traffic :( - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton2006GT View Post
I personally don't see anything wrong. However, I am betting it is your maf curve not being where it should be. If you were to do a wide open pull, with the car fully warmed up, let's say from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd the 4th and come to a stop, I would bet the car would die due to the maf curve not being where it should be. To fix this, you would need to send a data log to your tuner. I would recommend getting a tune from lund racing and data logging after you get a tune.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveReckless010 View Post
A screenshot at idle is only a drop in the ocean compared to everything that the PCM looks at. Would need a playable datalog (preferably when the car stalls) to really be able to tell whats going on. I agree with Dalton2006GT, the MAF table could be off OR you could have a similar issue as what I actually have currently going on with my Whippled 2011. Turbulence in the air intake that trips the MAF out after a hard pull. Is your filter element open or enlcosed? Mine is enclosed, using the fresh air feed thru the front bumper as the main way in. After a hard pull, Ill drop into neutral at about maybe 80-90, it'll idle for a bit then fall on her face, while the car is moving. Caught the stall on datalog and Lund wasnt too concerned about it, just attributed to turbulence in the intake tube around the MAF as the MAF is RIGHT behind the massive-ass filter for the Whipple setup.

However, I will say that my stalling issue BEFORE the whipple sounds VERY similar to what youre experiencing, and I was able to trigger it by doing a hard pull (2nd or 3rd gear 2500 to 6000rpm) but it would only stall after coming to a stop and trying to maintain idle, not like now where itll stall while im moving in neutral.

See if you can trigger a stall and catch it on a datalog. PM me for my email so you can send me the datalog that way and I can try to take a look at it.

hmm im not able to duplicate this. I have been pulling hard the past few hours and stopping abruptly and nothing weird happens.I have seen this happen before on my older 01 gt though i just dont think its the same thing. The MAF card and CAI are solid after inspection. like i said in the opening post i have had this vehicle for 5 months almost and its only given me issue in one extreme circumstance- of stop and go traffic. could be a correlation without causation though.If you still want to see the data logs il be happy to do that i just havent caught the stall yet. im going to try letting it idle for 30 minutes in my drive way tomorrow and see if that does something

side note its a shame i have to pay again to get a custom tune.I guess Diablo "doesnt do that". I'll keep this option in my back pocket once i get more evidence its the tune.

appreciate everyone feedback

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Alright bud, just let me know! Im no expert, but I know enough to be dangerous and to tell you at least where to start looking lol

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!
PONY Member

Did you check the KAPWR voltage?
Is it throwing any fault codes?
If not, it's probably the tune.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

THanks guys. I have someone working on a custom tune now. I'll see what that does once he is done
5.0 Coyote and crjackson2134 like this.
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Just a thought. Make sure your o2 sensors are working properly.
5.0 Coyote and crjackson2134 like this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

I have been in touch with a tuner who has been working with me with a bit more granularity. He his suggesting perhaps a vacuum leak somewhere. I have searched the CAI up and down and cant find anything suspicious other then the attached interface. but its snug on there. Anyone have a rundown of other vacuum lines i can check for? im new to this engine bay

He said the fuel trims are off 30% and should be obvious. I hope thats so am i just being a dummy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190331_170804.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	688.9 KB
ID:	608971  
Rookie

Apprentice

Garage
First, you should check to see if you didn't put your mass air flow sensor in backwards, the opening should be facing the filter. After you checked that, I would listen for hissing or vacuum leaks. If you have done a intake manifold swap, there could be a leak somewhere around it causing it to have unmetered air coming into the engine. Also, check under the throttle body where the coupler is to make sure you don't have a gap from the rubber coupler to the throttle body. Make sure you pushed your pcv connectors on tight, the one after the throttle body can be a little hard to snap on sometimes. Hope you find your problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 Lava Red GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page