Roush Supercharger Replacement Hose Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Roush Supercharger Replacement Hose Question

I have a 2014 Mustang GT with a Roush S/C on it.* Took it for a spin the other day and somehow one of the intercooler hoses had came to rest up against one of the lower pulleys.* The pulley bolts tore a big hole in the hose and had coolant spraying every where in the engine bay.* I contacted Roush on Friday and asked them about a replacement hose, They told me they did not sell individual hoses.......?...?.* I'm confused in the sense that aren't those hoses custom cut and formed to fit the application?* I've never dealt with coolant hoses before so is this something I can just walk into Autozone and get a replacement for.* Roush was not very helpful.* I was looking online and can't seem to find anyone that has replacement hoses for Roush S/C.* Does anyone know were I can go?* Also, Can I use a garden hose to spray off all the coolant in the engine bay or will the water mess something up.* I've heard people say you can't because of the electrical but isn't everything in there sealed and water tight?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019
Apprentice

Garage
I'm not sure this would work but you could use some heater hose from your local auto parts store. Heater hose is ment to hold coolant as it transfers hot coolant to your heater core or transfers coolant anywhere really. I would recommend trying that as its decently cheap, like a dollar a foot. As for spraying the coolant off, I wouldn't directly put water on the engine because you don't want water getting into anything electrical. You could mist it then wipe it all off with a microfiber towel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 Lava Red GT

Last edited by Dalton2006GT; 03-17-2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Add more details.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019
PONY Member

Garage
If you cover things like the coil & distributor with plastic bags, you should be fine using a hose to clean off the coolant. Ordinary heater hose should also work. There may be specialized hose ends that you'll have to exchange but that's all (unless the hoses are held by hose clamps). You may have to mop up the water on places like the intake etc. It wouldn't hurt to warm up the engine a little (not up to operating temp) before using the hose as this will help to evaporate some of the water.

Last edited by Travis98146; 03-17-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: additional info

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis98146 View Post
If you cover things like the coil & distributor with plastic bags, you should be fine using a hose to clean off the coolant. Ordinary heater hose should also work. There may be specialized hose ends that you'll have to exchange but that's all (unless the hoses are held by hose clamps). You may have to mop up the water on places like the intake etc. It wouldn't hurt to warm up the engine a little (not up to operating temp) before using the hose as this will help to evaporate some of the water.
The hoses use hose clamps. Guess I will take off later this week when I get sometime and take to Autozone and see what they say. I just assumed it was as special type of hose as I've never messed with coolant hoses before.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019
PONY Member

I put the Ford Racing Whipple based kit on my '14 GT. I believe it is almost exactly the same as the Roush kit and both were developed together as a team effort by Ford Racing and Roush. Only the head units and tunes are different. I/C, hoses, FEAD, etc should be the same.

Here is a link to the install instructions for the FRPP kit. It has Ford's part numbers for hoses (p.4) and a diagram so you can figure out which hose is which (p.38 and on):

https://www.lethalperformance.com/in...structions.pdf

Maybe Ford Performance stocks replacement hoses. Worth a try, anyway.

Good luck!

2014 Gray Mustang

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Department of Boost (DOB) web-site of FB group might be able to help also -- they have to deal with the plumbing for different years of cars and different superchargers, heat exchangers, etc. so they are probably familiar with the options, might even be able to source or sell you the right hose

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UUUd444 View Post
I put the Ford Racing Whipple based kit on my '14 GT. I believe it is almost exactly the same as the Roush kit and both were developed together as a team effort by Ford Racing and Roush. Only the head units and tunes are different. I/C, hoses, FEAD, etc should be the same.

Here is a link to the install instructions for the FRPP kit. It has Ford's part numbers for hoses (p.4) and a diagram so you can figure out which hose is which (p.38 and on):

https://www.lethalperformance.com/in...structions.pdf

Maybe Ford Performance stocks replacement hoses. Worth a try, anyway.

Good luck!

I did find the part # off of the sheet, It appears like you said they are the same Roush part #'s also. Only issue is googling that number does not return any results, Does S/C install sheets that all use that same number. I sent an email to the Dept. of Boost to see what they say. I'd much rather pay more for a direct fit replacement then have to make some halfass setup. I can't believe these companies don't sell parts to their own S/C kits. That's just crazy to me, You have the parts you would think they would want to make a buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page