Shaker 500 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Shaker 500

Hello from Germany.

Hello all,

I have got a question in regards to the Shaker 500 and maestro system. Today I installed everything and noticed something strange. As per my wiring diagram the door speakers should be wired up directly to the audio control module. Later during trouble shooting I found the door speakers are wired to an amplifier located left side under the dash board. My question is now is there only one Amplifier for the speakers and subs or is there another one for the sub? As per other drawings I found there is a sub amplifier and an audio amplifier or is it just the same. My car is a mustang 2013 convert. Thanks for help.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019
PONY Member

If you have the Shaker 500, there is no sub (in the trunk).

I'm confused though. If you're using the Maestro kit, it doesn't matter anyways. Just wire up the wires on the new head unit to the wires on the Maestro wiring harness. There's no need to run any of your own wiring with the Meastro kit (I installed one in my car).

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hello, the Shaker 500 does have 2 subs inside the door boards. Unfortunately the maestro system does not activate the amplifier. I changed it now, that the radio switches on and off the amplifier. I heard something that I may have the premium system where the front and rear speakers are connected to an Amp. Ist this the same Amp as the subs? In the drawings is always written speakers connected to audio Amp and subs to sub Amp. But I found only one Amp inside the car. Is it the same?

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page