Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Scottyboy187
  • 1 Post By Scottyboy187

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

P219a check engine light?!

Hey everyone
After I installed an off-road x pipe, I got a p219a code for AFR imbalance bank 1. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue? I’ve seen a few posts with out solution.

Some background info...
2014 5.0 20k miles. Only mods are the x pipe and BAMA tune. That’s it.
I’m able to keep the p0420 / p0430 cat efficiency codes away with the rear o2 spacers/ defoulers. The code initially appeared right after the mid pipe install while on stock tune. So I got a tune from BAMA and the code still came back. Verified no intake or exhaust leaks. Switched rear o2s left to right and the code stayed on bank 1. I thoroughly data logged with BAMA and they said everything looks great.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

imps likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy187 View Post
Hey everyone
After I installed an off-road x pipe, I got a p219a code for AFR imbalance bank 1. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue? Iíve seen a few posts with out solution.

Some background info...
2014 5.0 20k miles. Only mods are the x pipe and BAMA tune. Thatís it.
Iím able to keep the p0420 / p0430 cat efficiency codes away with the rear o2 spacers/ defoulers. The code initially appeared right after the mid pipe install while on stock tune. So I got a tune from BAMA and the code still came back. Verified no intake or exhaust leaks. Switched rear o2s left to right and the code stayed on bank 1. I thoroughly data logged with BAMA and they said everything looks great.
Thanks
Youíre probably already aware of this information, but I'll leave this here just In case.

Possible causes
  • Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors
  • Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
  • Leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve
  • Exhaust or intake air system leaks
  • Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
  • Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open
  • Ignition system
  • Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap

https://www.autocodes.com/p219a_ford.html

Others have reported that running a can of Seafoam through the system cleared up the code. I donít see this being a solution for you unless the code is coincidental to your exhaust mod which is dubious for me, but it wouldnít hurt to try.

Work your way through this list, and see if you can run it down. If not, you may need to take her to a shop for the solution.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
You’re probably already aware of this information, but I'll leave this here just In case.

Possible causes
  • Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors
  • Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
  • Leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve
  • Exhaust or intake air system leaks
  • Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
  • Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open
  • Ignition system
  • Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap

https://www.autocodes.com/p219a_ford.html

Others have reported that running a can of Seafoam through the system cleared up the code. I don’t see this being a solution for you unless the code is coincidental to your exhaust mod which is dubious for me, but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Work your way through this list, and see if you can run it down. If not, you may need to take her to a shop for the solution.
Thanks for the reply!
The code came after the exhaust install so it’s very unlikely for something unrelated to fail. But I did look over everything listed and found nothing. I’m afraid a shop wouldn’t be able to tell me anything other than what I already know. As far as sea foam goes, not a fan.
crjackson2134 likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the reply!
The code came after the exhaust install so itís very unlikely for something unrelated to fail. But I did look over everything listed and found nothing. Iím afraid a shop wouldnít be able to tell me anything other than what I already know. As far as sea foam goes, not a fan.
I tend to agree, but thatís all I got.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Hey everyone
After I installed an off-road x pipe, I got a p219a code for AFR imbalance bank 1. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue? Iíve seen a few posts with out solution.

Some background info...
2014 5.0 20k miles. Only mods are the x pipe and BAMA tune. Thatís it.
Iím able to keep the p0420 / p0430 cat efficiency codes away with the rear o2 spacers/ defoulers. The code initially appeared right after the mid pipe install while on stock tune. So I got a tune from BAMA and the code still came back. Verified no intake or exhaust leaks. Switched rear o2s left to right and the code stayed on bank 1. I thoroughly data logged with BAMA and they said everything looks great.
Thanks
PLEASE tell me more about the rear 02 spacers/defoulers. Sounds like exactly what I need, never heard of them before. What do they look like? availability? THANKS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page