Ford Mustang Forum banner

A-Arm Support Brace

665 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Radical540 
#1 ·
Hey Guys:
So I know BMR makes an A-arm support brace; see link
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&vehicleid=1&maincatid=22&catid=64

However, is this meant to REPLACE the straight bar (not sure what it's called) located directly behind the oil pan sump, which is attached by 2 bolts on EACH side of this bar?

I've seen pictures of the BMR brace installed with and without the stock straight bar still in place.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

#2 ·
Yeah, strut/shock tower braces is what they have been called for a few decades.....they are effective weather you are actually going to see benefit in street driving conditions, Hmmm?.....but, the price is actually good (most are way overpriced for what they are...which is just a piece of steel to connect the two towers together to stop/reduce front tower flex)..

I would yeah...go for it!

#3 ·
he's not talking about strut tower brace . . . but the need for a-arm support brace is also questionable . . . I guess it can't hurt, I was thinking about getting one since it might help maintain camber on road track

I thought you were supposed to remove the old one before installing the new one, but I guess having both of them on there would be even stiffer which is "better"

Instructions are not clear, does not actually say to remove the old one, but the picture shows it gone

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/AAS001.pdf

#4 ·
I don't think that you need both. I installed one on a 2007 V6, several years ago. The V6 didn't come with one. Some sites advertised the BMR as a replacement for the factory A-arm brace. Not sure it helped, but the sales pitch was good. As previously stated, having both of them on may be a good idea.

Reactions: JBert and crjackson
#5 ·
Thanks for the responses.
The thing is, my stock bar, despite only having 50k on my 2012 is quite scaly and rusty- frankly it looks nasty.

Who's going to see it? Well, probably only me- but that's enough for me to replace the nasty looking stock piece with a nice looking BMR unit.
Thanks for the replies.

#6 ·
. . . replace the nasty looking stock piece with a nice looking BMR unit.
Thanks for the replies.

YW -- get the red one! Then when you look under there you will be able to see that it is special. ;-)

Reactions: crjackson
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.