LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
A-Arm Support Brace

Hey Guys:
So I know BMR makes an A-arm support brace; see link
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...id=22&catid=64

However, is this meant to REPLACE the straight bar (not sure what it's called) located directly behind the oil pan sump, which is attached by 2 bolts on EACH side of this bar?

I've seen pictures of the BMR brace installed with and without the stock straight bar still in place.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

Yeah, strut/shock tower braces is what they have been called for a few decades.....they are effective weather you are actually going to see benefit in street driving conditions, Hmmm?.....but, the price is actually good (most are way overpriced for what they are...which is just a piece of steel to connect the two towers together to stop/reduce front tower flex)..

I would yeah...go for it!

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

he's not talking about strut tower brace . . . but the need for a-arm support brace is also questionable . . . I guess it can't hurt, I was thinking about getting one since it might help maintain camber on road track

I thought you were supposed to remove the old one before installing the new one, but I guess having both of them on there would be even stiffer which is "better"

Instructions are not clear, does not actually say to remove the old one, but the picture shows it gone

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/sitear...all/AAS001.pdf
huberoy123 and crjackson2134 like this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
I don't think that you need both. I installed one on a 2007 V6, several years ago. The V6 didn't come with one. Some sites advertised the BMR as a replacement for the factory A-arm brace. Not sure it helped, but the sales pitch was good. As previously stated, having both of them on may be a good idea.
JBert and crjackson2134 like this.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Thanks for the responses.
The thing is, my stock bar, despite only having 50k on my 2012 is quite scaly and rusty- frankly it looks nasty.

Who's going to see it? Well, probably only me- but that's enough for me to replace the nasty looking stock piece with a nice looking BMR unit.
Thanks for the replies.
crjackson2134 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical540 View Post
. . . replace the nasty looking stock piece with a nice looking BMR unit.
Thanks for the replies.

YW -- get the red one! Then when you look under there you will be able to see that it is special. ;-)
crjackson2134 likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Ha!
It'll match my upper rear control arm though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page