• 1 Post By Slow5Ohhh
  • 1 Post By JBert
  • 2 Post By Slow5Ohhh

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
2011 5.0 SCT BDX tuning issues

Hey guys, I've looked all over the web and couldn't find much of anything related, so i'd figured if anyone knew what direction to point me it would be here. I've recently taken my foxbody off the road, and purchased a 2011 Mustang GT 6 speed. When i bought the car, It had a Steeda CAI with the restrictor in there so no tune was needed. So i figured first mod should be a tuner so i can get take the restrictor out and get the most out of it. So i ordered a SCT Rev X from American muscle on day one. I got it about a week ago, I downloaded the tunes. Went to go tune the car. When it went to open the PCM, Where it tells you to cycle the key off, then back on It immediately stopped and threw error code 110B8, The security light start flashing and the gauges freaked out. I went and checked the DTC codes it it threw P1062 (ECM Communication Error) I tired a couple more times and it did it again and again. I called AM tuning and SCT and ended up sending the device to SCT for repairs, It came back yesterday and is still doing the same thing. Thanks in advance, Appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow5Ohhh View Post
Hey guys, I've looked all over the web and couldn't find much of anything related, so i'd figured if anyone knew what direction to point me it would be here. I've recently taken my foxbody off the road, and purchased a 2011 Mustang GT 6 speed. When i bought the car, It had a Steeda CAI with the restrictor in there so no tune was needed. So i figured first mod should be a tuner so i can get take the restrictor out and get the most out of it. So i ordered a SCT Rev X from American muscle on day one. I got it about a week ago, I downloaded the tunes. Went to go tune the car. When it went to open the PCM, Where it tells you to cycle the key off, then back on It immediately stopped and threw error code 110B8, The security light start flashing and the gauges freaked out. I went and checked the DTC codes it it threw P1062 (ECM Communication Error) I tired a couple more times and it did it again and again. I called AM tuning and SCT and ended up sending the device to SCT for repairs, It came back yesterday and is still doing the same thing. Thanks in advance, Appreciate it.
I get communication errors if I don't connect my car to a battery charger while flashing. I have an SCT X4 however. Have you tried that?

huberoy123 likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
Apprentice

Garage
This happened to me once or a few times. Ended having to limp a full bolt on car all the way back home with a stock tune to fix the issue. Usually when it happens to me, I have just turned the car off and even waited 10 seconds like it asks and it does what you are saying. The way I fixed it, was to get a new tune file of that tune and put it on the tuner and let the car sit for a few minutes before you flash it on. I would recommend saving your stock tune file to your computer or something incase it becomes corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 Lava Red GT

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Yes sir, i had it on a battery charger to hold the volts steady.
crjackson2134 likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
I get communication errors if I don't connect my car to a battery charger while flashing. I have an SCT X4 however. Have you tried that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton2006GT View Post
This happened to me once or a few times. Ended having to limp a full bolt on car all the way back home with a stock tune to fix the issue. Usually when it happens to me, I have just turned the car off and even waited 10 seconds like it asks and it does what you are saying. The way I fixed it, was to get a new tune file of that tune and put it on the tuner and let the car sit for a few minutes before you flash it on. I would recommend saving your stock tune file to your computer or something incase it becomes corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It won't even pull the stock tune. Soon as it unlocks the processor thats when the error occurs and it stops.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

maybe it is set up for the wrong ECU code? hopefully they already checked that . . .

since the tuner is brand new, I am a little surprised that they are "repairing" it, instead of sending you a new one . . . since the repaired one does not work, sounds like it is time to ask for a new one

a phone call direct to SCT might also shed some light
5.0 Coyote likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow5Ohhh View Post
It won't even pull the stock tune. Soon as it unlocks the processor thats when the error occurs and it stops.
Do let us know when you get this worked out. It will make a good data-point for future reference.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
maybe it is set up for the wrong ECU code? hopefully they already checked that . . .

since the tuner is brand new, I am a little surprised that they are "repairing" it, instead of sending you a new one . . . since the repaired one does not work, sounds like it is time to ask for a new one

a phone call direct to SCT might also shed some light

I did talk directly to SCT, they did give me a new one the serial number was different. thought they could have messed up the ECU code too, But SCT had me try the preloaded tunes and it did the same thing, So that eliminates a bama tuning issue.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
Do let us know when you get this worked out. It will make a good data-point for future reference.
From a couple reviews i read on the website and talking to a few people, The Rev-X/BDX has a know issues with 2011's. American muscle has been great customer service, i've sent the Rev-X back and they are shipping a X4 my way right now. I'll update this soon as i get it and try it.
huberoy123 and crjackson2134 like this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 17 Hours Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Update: The X4 came in yesterday and it installed the tunes flawlessly. Thanks guys!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 17 Hours Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

glad to hear that AM came through for you, and the X4 did the trick

sometimes fancier isn't really better!

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in