Replacing the radiator on my 2014 gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Ok so im not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to stuff like this but i recently bought my 2014 gt which was already supercharged via the Paxton novi 2200sl system and the fan was kinda Jank and warped in there. But being the dumba** that i am i left it thinking it was fine. Well yesterday i was driving along and i looked at the guage from Lund to see that the coolant temp was skyrocketed to 255°which is normally around 189° or so. So i pulled over asap and popped the hood to find the engine bay absolutely covered in coolant. It seems the fan had worn a hole in the radiator. Now i wanted to replace the stock radiator anyway at some point but wasnt exactly planning on it being so soon lol. So in retrospect what are good aftermarket radiators to look at for better cooling. Also i have another factory fan thats brand new that i will probably try and cut better than the one the guy i bought it from is. But another problem is will the factory fan fit in there with an aftermarket radiator or is there a slim profile one anyone could suggest using for easier fitment and clearance. The only reason i ask about fan options is because the factory radiator and fan already fit in there tightly as it is. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page